Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » "I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention." (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: "I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention."
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about how stuff in Star Trek would really be used by people.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...
What would I do with a holosuite.
Maybe a nice date with Jadzia Dax......

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm *boring.* I think I'd mostly use it to visit tourist spots I couldn't visit in real life. And to slay all those who oppose me in a thoroughly healthy and cathartic fashion.

Besides, Elves are hotter than Trills. [Wink]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I may be able to discover exactly how far down the spots go.... [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to try some of Bashir's and O'Brien's battle simulations, especially the Battle of Britain scenario.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I laughed in disbelief at the times people would act like they really met a historic figure when they were in the Holodeck. When Geordi told Barkley that he just spent time talking physics "with Enstein" I yelled "NO HE DIDN'T! HE WAS TALKING TO THE COMPUTER!"

I much preferred Sisko's use of the Holodeck. Much more realistic. No, you're not meeting Babe Ruth but if you program his stats into the computer you can play against him.

I think you could take the Holodeck and create the best sports matches and what-if scenarios of any sporting event you could think of.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
But I may be able to discover exactly how far down the spots go.... [Wink]

I believe it has been established that they go all the way down! [Big Grin]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I'm not much for sports; in fact I'd have a terrible time if someone forced me to play sports. I think if holodecks were real in the present day, I'd spend a lot of time playing Star Trek holonovels [Big Grin]
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A holodeck reenactment of the Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves, except the Krazy-88 are all swedish celebrities and just stand in place, and I'd stand in the middle and just scream at them for hours.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

That fight scene out in the back, with the snow falling and Santa Esmerelda playing, and a sword fight with Lucy Liu in a kimono...that's all just so cool. Favorite fight scene ever.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT'S your favorite fight scene? Jesus.

Holodeck= "Faster, faster, faster would be better!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trench run. Definitely.

And I may or may not be talking about Star Wars. [Big Grin]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
World of the Worlds, except I'd be the one piloting the tripod. Mwahahahahahahaha!
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could use a real holodeck, why not try out a scenario from the franchise that inspired it?

I'd like to see how long I could survive as one of the crew on the Enterprise during First Contact.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

" would like to try some of Bashir's and O'Brien's battle simulations, especially the Battle of Britain scenario."

Yeah, I guess I could visit normandy on june 6th 1944.... See how long I could survive on Omaha beach. That would be interesting.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.