Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Second Life" MMORPG strangeivity...

Author Topic: "Second Life" MMORPG strangeivity...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched September 28th, 2005's vlog update on rocketboom (www.rocketboom.com)and it had a piece on "Second Life" (http://secondlife.com/), maybe not a MMORPG per se but at least an online Sims-clone or something.
Anyway, in the middle of the piece the video that was demo:ing the virtual world of Second Life showed the city at sunset, this is what it looked like�

So I thought, yeah, that's nice... Nice sunset, a little cloudy but, yeah. Maybe like an LA sunset, I've never been there but I hear it's lovely.

*drums fingers on table*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose there's another larger cloud that looks a bit like a bicycle wheel just off screen, is there?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, what are the odds? This has got to be some sort of record, most out-of-the-way Trek reference in a totally non-affiliated girl's game.
They shop, they dress, they frolick at their pool parties, blissfully unawares of the orbiting Defiant and IKV Turncoat, ready to do harm so that they can sleep soundly under their Nikken bedspreads and mud masks.

Has anyone played this game?
Does it perhaps contain more Trek ships in silhouettes somewhere?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IKV Turncoat? I thought it looked like the Defiant and Martok's ship from "Call To Arms". Are you along the line of thought that it's Dukat's Klingon ship?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

Yes, well both scenes have a Defiant an a BoP leaving DS9, the Dukat scene just sprang to mind faster. Though I don't remember if they were in a tighter formation riding with Martok, that was probably it.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just before they met up with the 'fleet' and they were being fired on by a few Jem'Hadar as they left DS9 behind.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

Right, before turning 180 with the Federation/Klingon task force in their back.

Could it be that the same stock scene was used for the two pairs leaving DS9? Or when was it that Dukat dropped the charade?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps