Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Request for audio clip from TMP:DE (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Request for audio clip from TMP:DE
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, bearing in mind what the359 said about new ships in the com chatter in TMP E, I've gone and listened to it over and over again. I can hear the "Long Range Shuttle Lakia" part. And now I can hear what I guess is "NCC-1715," but I can't hear the "Cruiser Merrimac" part of that message. And also, I think I can hear a reference to a starship Lincoln, as well.

So can we get an audion expert on this and see if he/her can come up with an audio clip that we can hear more clearly?

-MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TMP the Smiley edition!?! LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mim, you might want to put a space between the colon and the D.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just click "Disable Smiles" at the bottom of the page.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend extracted the channel. Hope that helps.

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/misc/test1.mp3

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
long range shuttle Lakia ... U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715.. what's after that? Did I hear 'robot'? It ends with "recieved and understood".

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nyah nyah, told ya [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided to try fiddling with the .mp3, to see if I could remove the music and get at the words a bit better. I had but a little luck . . . the music changes a fair bit over the short duration of the thing, and, with the program I'm using, if I remove too much of the music, I start losing the voice.

What I hear is "Epsilon IX, Epsilon IX, this is long-range shuttle XXXXXXX (sounds like Lincoln, but it could be Lakia pronounced "LAY-kya") . . . . be advised (please advise?), USS Merrimac, NCC-1715, that we are in range. (Gobbledygook . . . more Gobbledygook.) (Male Voice): "Received your transmission"

I'll keep fiddling. See if this helps, or if anyone can do more with it:

http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~randers2/test1mod.mp3

(Edited because the board keeps sticking stupid crap in the midst of the URL)

[ May 19, 2002, 11:40: Message edited by: Guardian 2000 ]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I've been able to reconstruct...

One transmission goes:
"Epsilon Nine, Epsilon Nine -- This is long-range shuttle Laika..."

And a couple moments later, another exchange begins:
"Be advised -- U.S.S. Merrimac(k), NCC-1715 -- Have started landing mission [ ... ] [power? or hour?], due to problems that will be explained upon our arrival."
"Received and understood."

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really Laika, not Lakia or Lincoln. Only, Laika is pronounced as "Lay-ka". Laika makes sense anyway, as shuttles are always called after scientists and explorers. Even though Laika is a dog... it was the first living organism in space (Sputnik-2, wasn't it?).

--------------------
Signature.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I know anything about Russian pronunciation, but wouldn't Laika be LYE-kuh?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neeh-et.
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the U.S.S. Merrimac a constitution class ship?

--------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's name and registry are from FJ's Star Fleet Technical Manual's list of Constitutions, so basically, yes. But if you want to stay strictly canon, it could be any class.

[ May 20, 2002, 03:36: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps