Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2373: The Borg Battle at Sector 001 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2373: The Borg Battle at Sector 001
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Entire Analysis

I really liked this battle. I just got a new surround sound system and of course I poped this disc in to test it out -- and it made me think... why not make a post on flare about it! Yay... so here we are.
First a few notes. Most of the names are conjecture (obvious). I watched the scene a few times and took note of most of the ship's flight path, and drew conclusions on where they could realisticly travel to between takes/scenes. And this is what I came up with. A list of the ships at 001. This is my first analysis, and I want all of your input so I can make revisions.

Enjoy!

Cut design: USS Endeavor NX-77047 Endevor-Class (admrial's ship)

A) Defiant-Class USS Defiant NX-74205
B) Saber-Class debris USS Saber NX-61503
C) Miranda-Class USS Majestic NCC-31060
D) Soyuz-Class USS Bozeman NCC-1941
E) Akira-Class USS Rabin NCC-63293
F) Saber-Class USS Yeager NCC-61947
G) Oberth-Class USS Valiant NCC-20000
H) Oberth-Class USS Biko NCC-50331
I) Saber-Class USS Madison NCC-61470
J) Steamrunner-Class USS Appalacia NCC-52136
K) Steamrunner-Class USS Hiroshima NCC-58665
L) Norway-Class USS Budapest NCC-64923
M) Unknown
N) Norway-Class USS Norway NCC-64413
O) Norway-Class USS Jaeger NCC-65650
P) Akira-Class USS Spector NCC-65549
Q) Saber-Class USS Unknown Name
R) Same as "L"
S) Nebula-Class USS Lexington NCC-61832
T) Akira-Class USS Thunderchild NCC-63549
V) Saber-Class (Unknown Name - could be the same as Q.)
W) Norway-Class (maybe "O", on a third run around the cube.)

[ February 04, 2002, 07:55: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, a good attempt here!

>B) Saber-Class debris USS Saber NX-61503

Previous analysis concluded that this wreckage couldn't belong to any known class.

>D) Soyuz-Class USS Bozeman NCC-1941

This is just some standard Miranda. I don't beleive in the theory that the Bozeman was refitted to be a Miranda, BTW.

>E) Akira-Class USS Rabin NCC-63293

I beleive the original reference for the Rabin was in the Fact Files, no?

>G) Oberth-Class USS Valiant NCC-20000

Okay, but only if she was destroyed here - thus enabling a Defiant-class ship to be commissioned mere weeks later and lost behind enemy lines mere weeks after that. Personally, I'd blow her up much earlier than here.

>M) Klingon Bird of Prey (some random klingon ship name here)

I'd bet my grandpappy's best hooch that this isn't a BoP.

Most everything else has little to contest it. Good work!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Previous analysis concluded that this wreckage couldn't belong to any known class.
Look at the other refrence to B.. i dunno... just mabye it fits...

quote:
This is just some standard Miranda. I don't beleive in the theory that the Bozeman was refitted to be a Miranda, BTW.
Hmm.. i agree. Perhaps the more distant, blurrier Mirranda-looking ship was a Soyuz-Class...

quote:
I beleive the original reference for the Rabin was in the Fact Files, no?
Yes, said to be at this battle, IIRC

quote:
Okay, but only if she was destroyed here - thus enabling a Defiant-class ship to be commissioned mere weeks later and lost behind enemy lines mere weeks after that. Personally, I'd blow her up much earlier than here.
True, true... but its the only other 24th century Oberth-Class ship I could think of.

quote:
I'd bet my grandpappy's best hooch that this isn't a BoP.
Agreed... i'll reconsider it.

Thanks!

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B can't be a Steamrunner (or any other known ship) because of the two huge lifeboat hatches in the upper left-hand corner. Steamrunner's should be much smaller. Oh, and the year is 2373.

[ February 01, 2002, 03:03: Message edited by: Phelps ]

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it just me or does the ship labeled K, in the final picture wit the borg cube explosion backdrop look like an AKira class vessel? Also the vessel labeled K in the top middle picture looks to me like an Akira.

wat do u think?

[ February 01, 2002, 03:41: Message edited by: Fedaykin Supastar ]

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that the Oberths survived the battle, so you should change H's name, because the Cochrane was still arround in 2374.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, some crisp screen caps there, Proteus. I'm swayed by your well organized and high quality graphics...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, people, if R is not an Intrepid, then what could it be?

I'm perfectly willing to believe in the Oberths now, after seeing these crisp caps and zooms. This R thing I'm still uncertain about. It does look tempting...

Timo Saloniemi

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Borg battle was in 2373...

--------------------
Meh

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
W) Nebula-Class debris admrial's ship?
Take a closer look. That's actually a Norway.

quote:
P) Akira-Class USS Lexington NCC-62964
Except that there's also a Nebula-class USS Lexington out there... remember DS9's "Explorers"?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Wes
Member # 212

2/1/02 6:18AM PST

Changed "Klingon Bird of Prey" to unknown.
 Changed USS Cochrane NCC-59318 to USS Biko NCC-50331.
 Changed letters of two incorrectly labled Akira-Class ships.
 Changed W to Norway.

[ February 01, 2002, 06:22: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Wes
Member # 212

02/01/02 6:27AM
 The Nebula-Class was actually the USS Lexington NCC-61832. 92 dead, 22 wounded and still going strong...
 The other Akira must be the Spector.

Thanks for everyone for helping me revise this.

PS: as for the crisp pictures, I ran a few sharpness and curve filters over them.. and increased saturation a bit in Photoshop.

[ February 01, 2002, 07:04: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an excellent analysis, I don't have a much time to go over it in detail now but I will, I love analysing the Sector 001 battle. Wes does such good vidcaps, I always feel bad about being so nasty about him, until I remember what fun it is. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me or is that Nebula labeled "S" firing torpedoes from the wrong spot?

Just love the ship labeled "Duh..."

[ February 01, 2002, 08:29: Message edited by: David Templar ]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The letter 'K' is still being applied to two Steamrunner pictures and two Akira pictures...
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps