Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Holy Roddenberry! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holy Roddenberry!
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a discussion about the Millenium Falcon in First Contact a while ago at the TrekBBS, and after seeing the other thread, I thought that i may be worth checking it out. I looked at the official Star Trek page and at the ILM-page until I found the e-mail of someone who might know, a guy named Doug Smith (he was Assistant Effect Supervisor, as far as I know). He worked on FC and was partly responsible for the borg battle. Here's his response:

---
Hi Alex;

glad someone remembered that funny scene. It was ment to be an internal thing but someone leaked it and it became public. This is the image of the Falcon in First Contact, only visible for a short moment until we cut to another view.
[...]
---

And here's the image:

I increased the size of the important part:

So it was there all the time. Just wanted to let you know...

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my. I never really believed that they'd actually do something like that...

Well, I gotta smile at that joke. I guess the artists have to get their kicks somehow, right?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FAKE!

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, I'd always looked for it in that scene but never spotted it. Cheers!

In a similar vain, can anyone confirm that 'Indiana Jones' (or a similar figure) does indeed appear in the crowd watching the pod race in 'The Phantom Menace'? I never could identify him, but I did spot the E.Ts in the committee meeting of the Republic...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wait... I forgot what today is! Dangit.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way, I haven't fallen for it have I??!!!

But I'm sure I heard rumours about the Falcon appearing somewhere in FC from quite a while ago...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look how obvious it is! if the falcon was truly in the scene and was in an obvious place like that, all of you bozos would have found it years ago [Big Grin] . great april fools!

--jacob

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, I can't believe you guys fell for it. Its so obviously pasted onto that screenshot. The grain of the Falcon is shitty compared to the rest of the picture.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a really nice capture from FC, though. Did you make it?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

Nope, I think it is from stinsv, but I'm not sure. I was looking for the best picture to hide the Falcon and found it on my HD. Besides, the Falcon is from starwars.com. And thanks to Doug Smith, for lending me his name. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, it's an Ambassador!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good, almost as good as the time Bernd (I think) replaced a Galaxy in a fleet shot in "A Time to Stand" with an Ambassador. . . 8)

*checks* Nope, thought I had that saved somewhere, obviously not. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got me. Curse, you...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lol* That's great. With the "serious" behind-the-scenes info it was almost credible.

I was thinking of some April's fool fake for this year. Bad luck that I had a terrible backache on that day.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure, those captures are okay
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.