Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Missing Okudagram from ("Hotel Royale"[TNG]) found.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, cool. Where did you get it? And if this is okuda_2.jpg, what is okuda_1.jpg?

It's the same style as the Mariposa computer screen. The ship type is also interesting. The S.S. Buckaroo Banzai was a BBI-993 class vessel.

[ May 27, 2002, 15:25: Message edited by: Spike ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing I find most interesting is the "NAR-52" registry.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okuda_1.jpg is probably another Okudagram, probably one we've already seen.

Great to see that you've managed to get back onto Flare, Kris.

[ May 27, 2002, 17:30: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like we have a new prefix. ESS.. Earth Space Ship, I'd guess..

Is this an original or is it some sort of NASA-concept schematic? Or perhaps a 2001/2010 ship(only seen 2001 once, a long time ago)?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look like any NASA study I'd have seen. No prominent rotating section in evidence, either - this isn't exactly a sister ship of the Leonov from 2010. And the engine section looks pretty much like the ones Okuda (Sternbach?) drew for the later 'grams, like the DY-500 schematic. This is probably either an Okuda/Sternbach original, or then a good fake thereof.

The text is compatible with the other "The Royale" Okudagram we know of: the mission description seen up close in "TNG: The Continuing Mission". Gas-core fission powerplant, launch date etc.

There's the obligatory Buckaroo Banzai reference there, too, under "ship type". I guess we can count that as yet another (multi-)letter "class name". Now we have at least the J and Y classes, the DY and NX classes, and the BBI and NAR classes (the latter is used as a class name in the "Up the Long Ladder" list)...

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Giant hamsterwheels or Ares-like antennae?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, engine as Timo said like the Dy-500 or perhaps a cross between that and the Valiant�s engine. Antennae and solarpanels like the Ares 4. Either these are coincidences, damned good continuity, or just a fake.
Btw, is the pic a scan from a magazine? I saw white lines around it when I downloaded the image?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just something I whipped up - thinking it might go a little way to maybe explain the evolution or the different parts of the Charybdis.

-

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but it predates the Phoenix. . .

It's not actually all that dissimilar to the Friendship-One probe, really.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The As are all wrong in that thing. I'm not convinced it's legit.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, "registry" is spelled wrong, but that doesn't necessarily indicate that it's fake.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool that we have some new info now.

A question that's been striking me for a while: what the hell is gas-core fission?

--------------------
Signature.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend--where'd you get the picture?

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed the "registery" thing, too, but figured it didn't necessarily mean anything. But it did just occur to be that this picture looks like a screenshot, but I don't recall any shot like this in the episode...
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps