Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Authoritative Bridge Arrangement Screencap Collection, master shooting set index

Author Topic: The Authoritative Bridge Arrangement Screencap Collection, master shooting set index
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here's the hard part. We're collecting bridge arrangement screencaps and layouts, but on the shows, each bridge was usually a pastiche of pieces of other older sets, and were reused until worn out or replaced by newer style sets.

Fof a TABASCO site, we're going to have to do some research on this.

I'm thinking a basic SET and SET PIECE naming scheme based on episode/series first ship appearance.

For example
TOS:Enterprise-1701 Bridge Set
TOS:ISS Enterprise Captain's Chair
TMP:Turbolift Alcove
ST5:Enterprise-A Bridge Set

and create a roster of each time the piece can be later identified, in what modification, used on a different bridge.

anyone game?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd also have to keep track of what transformed into what (TMP stuff tended to end up on TNG a lot).

A lot of bridges were re-used.. but was the Ent-D bridge (or parts of it) ever used again, or was it really utterly destroyed after/during Generations?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TNG:1701-D Railing got archived for display somewhere, i think.. they probably wouldn't use it for any other ships since its such a trademark.

The ever present TNG:Forward Stations were used later, in "Flashback" for the Excelsior. (these pieces, built for "Encounter at Farpoint" represented the
*1701-D Conn/Ops
*1701-D Battle Bridge Conn/Ops
*1701-C Tactical/Ops
*1701-B Helm
*Saratoga 31911 Conn/Ops
*Lantree Forward Stations
*Excelsior Helm
*Brattain Forward Stations

there are probably more.

The new-build side stations were of a newer look, they mightve been seen later. The chairs seem retired though.

There were a lot of "stock" bridge pieces that were recombined in odd manners to become different bridge pieces during TNG-DS9 (the heyday of multi-starship Trek).. I just noticed the Hathaway back wall became the 1701-C back wall, and I've seen it as numerous other non-bridge sets. And the "Data's lab" set that became bridges has been around a while too, whether as the radial set piece, or just the paneling (the panel O'Brien worked at in Data's lab in "BoBW" was the Excalibur bridge in "Redemption")

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes yes, let us move forward!

The TNG consoles... There were probably several sets built over the course of TNG, and probably weren't too tough to make in the first place. On the DS9 Saratoga and the DS9 Prometheus, we see that they have two identical consoles instead of being flipped.

Also, we're sure to see sets that are composed of elements of different ones... Sometimes the front half of a set will be sandwiched with the aft portion of another. We'll have to see if we can keep track of that, too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
Member # 709

The DS9 early bridge set was pretty well used.. I think those support struts were adapted from ST6:Excelsior's bridge, used as the Saratoga bridge. It was the freighter that Bashir-Vantika stole, and looks like it was used for the Neb-Prometheus. Those separator struts I think got reused again for all the variants of the Equinox/NXPrometheus/Dauntless bridge sets.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps