Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been gradually building these up for a while now and I think I have just enough of them to justify a thread all of their own.

Borg
Breen (Fixed)
Cardassian
Ferengi
Klingon
Romulan
Tholian
Federation (2240-2269)
Federation (2270-2289)
Federation (2290)
Earth
Vulcan

These are for all you people out there who are sick of those tiny, low-res logos from the Omnipedia. Feel free to use them where you will.

[ April 17, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Tholian logo the Mandel used in the Star Charts is something of an in-joke, actually... he reused the emblem that he designed for the Chig aliens for Space: Above and Beyond.

Interestingly, your Breen logo is tinted green. The Star Charts has it as gold, and it appeared on the war maps on Cardassia as a sort of neon orange.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of things: What about the multicolour Klingon logo? You know, with the yellow circle and red, green, and blue limbs? Also, how about the new Romulan logo?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp* Those are beautiful, Kris! [Eek!]

Small request: could you do them on a plain background, and perhaps with an outline to prevent bleed-over for those who use bitmap editing? I'm thinking I could use some of those in my own maps, but they'd be a little difficult to work with because some of them have near-white colors on the edges (where they look "shiny") and the drop shadow, while good looking for the original examples, would also be difficult to edit.

Thanks, and great work!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend:

I'm "stealing" your Federation 2270-2289 to use as a backdrop in the Okazaki's conference room.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A couple of things: What about the multicolour Klingon logo? You know, with the yellow circle and red, green, and blue limbs?
Ack. This one is better.

quote:
Also, how about the new Romulan logo?
What about it?

quote:
Small request: could you do them on a plain background, and perhaps with an outline to prevent bleed-over for those who use bitmap editing? I'm thinking I could use some of those in my own maps, but they'd be a little difficult to work with because some of them have near-white colors on the edges (where they look "shiny") and the drop shadow, while good looking for the original examples, would also be difficult to edit.
Name the ones you want and I'll e-mail them to you.

quote:
Reverend:

I'm "stealing" your Federation 2270-2289 to use as a backdrop in the Okazaki's conference room.

Steal away.
Although I do have a propper grey-blue/white version that'd probably look better.

-

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
The Tholian logo the Mandel used in the Star Charts is something of an in-joke, actually... he reused the emblem that he designed for the Chig aliens for Space: Above and Beyond.

Interestingly, your Breen logo is tinted green. The Star Charts has it as gold, and it appeared on the war maps on Cardassia as a sort of neon orange.

You're correct.
For some reason it came out looking greenish on the scan and I didn't think to double check the original. I have now given it the red/orange/yellow-ish colour that it seamed to have on the war maps.

As for the Tholian logo; not being someone who has ever bothered with "Space: Above and Beyond" I didn't pick up on that reference.
Still I think it works well as the Tholian logo, with it's dark red tint and it's hard faceted edges it's certainly better than the old "two crystals on a grid" version.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I especially like the TUC Earth logo. Always wanted to have a clear picture of it.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Name the ones you want and I'll e-mail them to you.

The Breen, Klingon, Romulan, Vulcan, and the TNG Federation logos would be great, thank you. [Smile]

My e-mail is in my profile.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool.

I've always wondered if the Ferengi logo is supposed to be a stylized version of their ears. Using a pseudo-sexual organ as an identifier for your species doesn't seem like a great idea... It's be like using a stylized boob to represent humanity...

Anyway... I've always wondered that...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It always looked to me like "dog eats dog" ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's what the old TNG trading card set said about the Ferengi logo.

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we sure about the supposed Tholian logo?? It was printed in the Star Charts as the Tholian logo, but that design appeared first in the Starship Spotter recolored as the Species 8472 logo. Which is it??

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I was unaware Species 8472 had a logo...

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I was unaware Species 8472 had a written language... I thought they were supposed to be very telepathic?

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.