Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Starshipdesing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Starshipdesing
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i has made a few starships
here are they:
http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/hyperion1.jpg

http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/perimeter.jpg

http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/desing1.jpg

http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/pics/schiff111.jpg

they are all in beta phase
but i cant make a 3D mesch because i dont know how i use 3d Studio max 4

cya
Lobo

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Lobo ]

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The middle Perimeter ship has potential!

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like two and three. Make three a little less Voyager-esque and you might be on to something.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Accursed double posts...

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely 2 and 3.

And don't sell yourself short... I'd be THRILLED just to be able to draw to that level.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're all pretty designs. They do need a bit of refinement, but I think you've done a good job.

The Hyperion strikes me as a shorter but a bit bulkier Nova class. I like the beefed-up look of the nacelles and how the secondery hull has been slimmed down. It doesn't provoke the "pregnant bug" thought that goes in my mind when I see the side view of the Nova.

I really like the Perimeter! It's an Akira-fied Intrepid. Very good design here.

I like the Sterling, too. It's a blending of elements frm the Defiant (with the close-in nacelles) and the Intrepid. The only thing that kinda bothers me about this design is that I think the nacelles are too short (true, this has always bothered me about the Intrepid, too). Although feel free to ignore this comment; I just find longer nacelles more aesthetically pleasing.

I also like the Schiff. I think that this and the Perimeter are the two best designs of this group. I like the Sovereign-esque look to this ship.

I think that they are all good solid designs. You've certainly done better with these than I have ever done designing a ship.

Oh, and welcome to Flare!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately like the Perimeter and Sterling!
Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where'd my sig go?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's right there.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Hobbes
Member # 138

Yeah, now it is...but in my first post it's not there for some reason. And now it's gone in this post as well...

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
here is a MSD of the sterling
looks this like an real MSD ??

u.s.s.-sterling-msd.jpg

[Edit: Please link large images]

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi
and here are some shuttles:
type18shuttle.jpg
solaris.jpg
type18shuttle-mit-torpedolauncher.jpg
golem.jpg

cya
lobo

[Edit: Please link large images.]

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those all look pretty good, Lobo. Are your shuttlecraft designs supposed to be a bridge to runabouts or simple shuttles? If they're simple shuttles, it seems odd that they have a phaser strip. All the E-E shuttle and Danube runabout had were single point emitters. But those are still excellent designs.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta be honest, I only like the Perimeter ship.
(probably a matter of taste).

But your skill with MSDs is outstanding.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lobo, may I attempt to create a mesh of http://members.tripod.de/MrBrown5/perimeter.jpg ? if I finalize/release it, I will give you on-image credit.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps