Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » More Probert concept art

Author Topic: More Probert concept art
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, we've all seen this concept art from Andrew Probert from when he was designing the Romulan Warbird:
 -
But someone over at TrekBBS asked about the smaller rough sketch in the corner, and surprisingly, Andrew had actually done a larger version! [Eek!]
 -
I don't know if this was going to be fleshed out more or what, but it's nice to see some new concept art for a change!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having that ship in a vertical position just looks wrong to me, with that saucer command section. It looks better like this:

-

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually haven't seen either of these.... very interesting designs. Hmm. I'm inspired again...
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Having that ship in a vertical position just looks wrong to me, with that saucer command section.

I thought the same, but I wasn't going to argue!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed - think it looks better horizontal. Maybe if it had the 'beak' of the known RWB - then it'd be ok - maybe make the 'saucer' off-centre.

I reckon the horizontal version could be a nice pre-cursor to the TNG warbird - maybe something from after the movie era - when obviously there were Romulan ambassadors - but before the Tomed incident and the long period of isolation.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since the first time I laid eyes on Slave I from "Empire Strikes Back" I've had a liking for vertically-built ships.
Such a bitch to land and takeoff but so gyrodynamically interesting flying abilities.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.