Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » New Look Andromeda

Author Topic: New Look Andromeda
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little later this season, in the episode Orobous, or something like that, there will be some major makeup changes. Rev, because he was alergic to some of the makeup, and Rommie, Beka and Trance because... Well, just because. At least Beka hasn't changed that much.

This has caused a disturbance in the slipstream that can be felt across many galaxies.

http://andromedatv.com/features/feb02.html

If tyou can get to the slipstreambbs, there are a few threads running on the subject. Some execs from Fireworks and Tribune have chimed in, and got a hostile responce from most at the bbs. My only comment for now is that Trance looks even cuter. But what happened to the grape flavor?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I have it right, Rev's new look is the pic at the top, with Dylan.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. I no like.

Good thing I stopped watching.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the guy at the top is Doge Miskich (sp) who ran a space station in an early second season episode.

But what's this... Rommie's hair is now blue. Trance is no longer purple. Dylan is in civvies mostly now - and from what I hear, the mission itself as already changed in the second season opener, will be changed AGAIN to allow for more standalone episodes and less of the show's mythology arc, which is what drew me to the show in the first place.

Damn it all. Tribune looks like it's put another good sci-fi show into the crapper.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Looks at pictures*

No sir, I don't like it.

Although I'm not entirely positive these changes are permenant. "Ouroboros" sounds like a time-travel episode of some sort, from what is said on that page. It's possible that some of these looks are simply from way in the future (hopefully a possible future that will never ever come to pass). But if these changes are to the present crew, then I will be very disappointed.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely having reservations about all of these changes. I don't like the change in style. I don't like the change in plotlines. I don't like the makeup changes. Still, I'll give it a good chance to be better than what I'm worried about Andromeda becoming.

Still, what is the basis for these makeup changes? How much is Brent Strait's makeup going to be changed? We've already had a year and a half of our loveably fuzzy Magog monk. Judging from Trance's change, I'm fearing the worse. Speaking of Trance, she's the only one going through the makeup changes that looks good. But she's no longer really Trance. She's not purple, doesn't have blonde hair, and no tail. The unique physical characteristics that were always being brought up are erased. Remember "Purple Company?"

It looks like Beka is going to be getting some changes. One of those pictures shows her with what resembles a Borg eyepiece. And it's a bad move to have Dylan start shucking his uniform. That was a major part of his character. He's the strict follow-the-rules strictly-military man on a mission. That uniform helped define his character. It looks like only Gordon Michael Woolvet and Keith Hamilton Cobb have been spared anything radical.

Finally, and this is personal now, what the hell did they do to my lovely Lexa Doig!? They stuck an electric blue clown wig on her head! It even looks like one of those fake plastic monstrosities! Why did they have to do that to such an already beautiful woman!

Okay, I'm better now.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

There is some speculation that the changes are just for the episode, like an alternate universe ep, or something, but from some of the things I've read, I tend to think it will be permenant.

In this thread:

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002566.html

we get the "it's only for this one episode" point of view, and Starlock is a bright guy, and may well be correct. Robert Wolfe's thread had said that he made the changes Tribune/Fireworks wanted, "After Oroboros", but has said no more about it.

Zack S, one of the writers, has taken some time away from the stream, to let things cool. The others are being strangely silent. Everybodies contract is up at the end of the season. Repeated questions about who will be back on the staff next season, have been ignored.

The Slipstream is up and running again today, after being down for most of yesterday, so feel free to look around, you may see things that I have missed.

Second season spoilers
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
quote:

the mission itself as already changed in the second season opener, will be changed AGAIN to allow for more standalone episodes and less of the show's mythology arc, which is what drew me to the show in the first place.

In the opener, it is said theat the Magog world ship is on it's way to the heart of the former commonwealth, and the mission is to get a big enough group together to fight off the trillions of Magog who are onboard. The original mission didn't change so much as it had to be completed faster, within three years.

Sorbo has said, in interviews, that , at the end of season 2, the focus will change. They will nolonger be hell bent on rebuilding the Commonwealth, but "We have this ship, and a great crew, let's go help people in trouble".

The folks at Tribune/Fireworks, mostly Fireworks, have said that this is not true, that they will keep the Commonwealth story line, along with character continuity, all the good things about the show.

From what I've seen online, I tend to believe what Sorbo is saying. If they weren't going to really change things, why fire Wolfe, but I don't think we will know "ooh killed ooh" till after "Oroborous".

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

The offical line from the offical web site.

http://www.andromedatv.com/features/rhwletter.html

And the responce from the Slipstream crowd.

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002577.html

There will be a chat session with some with some of the people from Tribune and Fireworks. I don't go to chats, hell, I don't even get online at home anymore, but I can hardly wait to see the thread tomorrow, after the chat.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as if stuff wasn't quazy enough as-is, guess who's leaving the cast?

http://www.slipstreamnews.com/news/141201_01.shtml

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andromeda was always a weak show. The changes made at this point and those yet to be made will make this show weaker. Luckily for the players, the show has been given five seasons to air first-run episodes. The players may be able to get royalties on those syndication airings. Other than that, I don't see positive news in these developments. As I said to my mother, "It's like putting William Shatner in the driving seat."
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

For fan reactiopn to the cast member leaving.

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002598.html

And fan reaction to last nights chat. Dylanite has become a close friend sice I've been over there, but I wouldn't want to get in her way when she is angry. A T-Rex would get out of the way.

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002606.html

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOA! What happened to Miss Purple? She looks so... adult. Although I have to say it looks a lot better. As does the black shirt Beka is wearing.

And Rommie with blue hair? WTF?

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

And Rommie with blue hair? WTF?

According to a Fireworks exec, Rommie is trying out a new look.

I do like the Trance look, but she needs to be grape, umm, I mean purple.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps