Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » One Third Of One Percent (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: One Third Of One Percent
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't remember offhand who said that, but I'd say he made a bit of an error in judgement... *L*

Oh, and, IIRC, "Inferno" was just the name of the first section of the book. The actual title is The Comedy of Dante Alighieri, often called "The Divine Comedy". *end trivia bit*

------------------
"I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me."
-from Baloo's cousins' endless supplies of e-mail jokes

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited August 09, 1999).]

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Like "car parts shouldn't cost more than body parts" and it really grabs one's attention when the arms and legs fall off the little man. Do you suppose its creator was a fan of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"?

------------------
"It's all around us!" - Blair Witch Project

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup yup, or in French, as I first read it: La divine com�die.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrugs*.. I never read it. That was just a pull quote from the begining of T.S. Eliot's "The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock" .... which, by the way, is an EXCELLENT piece of poetry.

------------------
"S`io credessi che mia rispota fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu' scosse.
Ma perciocche` giammai di questo fondo
Non torno` vivo alcun, s`i`odo il vero,
Senza tema d`infamia ti rispondo."

- Dante`

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*still clicking*

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Yes. Me too. ~L~*

------------------
Don't you hate it when you can't think of a signature?

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all you clickers... Keep going!
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click, click, click your mouse...
Gently o'er those ads...
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...
Buy up all those fads.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is going on with ads, yesterday they opened a new window, today when you click they switch the little screen the ad is in, what the hell. BTW I click every day at least once, more that likely twice (sometimes 3 times).

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles.. you WILL tell us if we're having a measurable effect next time you get a check (or however it is they work out payment), right?

*Imagines CC gleefully rubbing his hands as $ pours in from the sudden mad influx of clicks, while we, the clickers, remain oblivious to the change...*
*shakes head*
Naah, not CC.

Me, sure. I'd do that. Not Charles.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*envisions that*
*o_O*
*LOLOLOL*

(Haw Haw I'm the first on page two! Hey there! :-)
------------------
...Approaching the big 250...

[This message has been edited by Coddman (edited August 16, 1999).]

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah.. He'd do it. I know my guy far too well.

*j/k!*

------------------
"Elevator to hell, going up." - What Dreams May Come

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*LOL*

Yes, it's working... Current clickthru rate is .78%, which is pretty good...

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*Clicks* Take that, money problems...

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool the Ads are working now cool.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps