Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » REGISTRATIONS SUSPENDED AGAIN

Author Topic: REGISTRATIONS SUSPENDED AGAIN
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A user from 194.242.66.134 registered over a dozen extremely profane names, none of which with valid email addresses.

The IP is French. Please do not draw conclusions.

I have suspended registration and banned the user's class C address. In a few minutes, I am going to run another IP search. If anyone previously registered matches that IP or the traceroute, they will be banned from Flare for the forseeable future.

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This is Heavy"

wow!!

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mutters*
never liked that country anyway...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!!!! why don't you like France?

------------------

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a long story which we won't get into right now.

I don't think it's related to SFA...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited January 14, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited January 14, 2000).]

Gepta001
Member # 231

SFA? the only thing I can think of is Star Fleet Academy, and I can't figure out what Star Fleet academy would have to do with you not liking France? I'm totally confused and intrigued, somebody please tell me.

-FTM

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the French were nice to me when i went there on holiday, so 'nuff respect. It's also the most accessible foreign tongue, IMHO. (OooH, that sounded a bit, RUDE didn't it?! )

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC: I agree with what you are doing, and would have done exactly the same if I were in your position. But my provider (Casema) is part of a French company (Wanadoo). Please take into account that it is possible that my 'route' comes from France.

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SFA=SciFi-Art. 'Nuff said.

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Gepta001
Member # 231

how is french the most accessible language?

------------------

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a pun. Re-read his post again, carefully, and you'll catch it.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you still don't get it, note that he called it a "foreign tongue", not a "language".

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC: I had some trouble getting onto the Flare Forums just now, I hope that hasn't got anything to do with this...

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Nope, that was a routine reboot...

Server DOWNTIME is never caused by anything I do. When I'm doing things and don't want people mucking around, I set things up so you get an error message.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.