Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Registrations suspended again (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Registrations suspended again
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same as before. Some idiot has registered 21 profane/insulting usernames in less than two minutes. Luckily I was up trying to fix the TrekBBS and caught him in the act.

If you need to register, mail me at [email protected] Until then, registrations are suspended.

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy. Same IP?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And will the BBS be back up any time soon?

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't the same IP directly... He used a proxy, then tried to visit without it to find it blocked. Gotta love tracking...

The TrekBBS is having some major problems posting... I've called in the heavy forces from Infopop to take care of the problem.

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF is going on with the BBS? Christian didn't mention what was going on just not to change any settings, which I had no intention of doing anyhow.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may want to throttle Charles most of the time, but he is the best around with UBB. If he called in the heavy artillery, then it will be fixed soon.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it's bad, I gathered as much, but what happened?

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa....hold on here.
Will someone inform me as to what TrekBBS is?
[yeah I know it stands for Bulletin Board Service...but this one in specific is?]

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Teelie
Member # 280

It's currently down is what it is.

It's a Trek board obviously, and whenever it gets back online, you can see it more for yourself.

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is, "What a f*cking jackass!"
(The one that caused CC all the trouble)

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Teelie
Member # 280

Yeah, don't you just "love" trolls?

------------------
Admin at the trekbbs.com

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

The TrekBBS is located at http://trekbbs.com/

I've been helping Christian get it adjusted to the new server... Some time last night, shortly after another admin changed the time zone wording, for some reason, new posts did *NOT* appear in the threads. I was unable to troubleshoot and solve the problem, and have since called in MichaelF to try and fix things... With luck, everything should be back online within 12 to 24 hours.

------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

Really? The time change did that? First the time zone is off 14 hours then someone changes the time... wonder what'll be next, a time warp to the past?

I just took a look at the cp and it said "UTC (GMT)" for the time. What's UTC stand for? Universal Time something?

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited February 09, 2000).]

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Coordinated Universal Time, only the acronym is UTC instead of CUT. *shrug* Either way, it's GMT. *L*

The errors started when the timezone *TITLE* was changed to that. I changed the timezone a few hours before that with no ill effects.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited February 10, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

What I don't get was why it was changed in the first place.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps