Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » More TrekSunday????

Author Topic: More TrekSunday????
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't know what's going on. Someone needs to drill these bits of information in the minds of Forumites.

Or perhaps Brainwashing will suffice instead.

So, *ahem* it's 4:00pm EST and that means it's time for more *gasp* TREKSUNDAY!!!! See the link for more details.....
http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum1/HTML/000139.html

Note: Even though I may be posting this, I won't be there. Why? Four Words: Computer Assignment Due Wednesday. Comprendez Vous? Bien!!!

*rushes out*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, once again, it's almost time for TrekSunday! 4PM EST, omegaproject.net, channel #treknobabble.

------------------
June is National Accordion Awareness Month.
"Trekkies like to claim that Star Trek is 'hard science fiction'...in some extreme cases, they even go so far as to claim that it's all technologically feasible! Do they say this because they've analyzed the events of Star Trek for scientific accuracy? Not a chance - most of them don't know a coulomb from a joule, or the difference between Young's Modulus and Dave's burger special." - Mike Wong

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps brianwashing is the way to go, since the only people there are Frank and I.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TrekSunday! TrekSunday! TrekSunday! See above for details.

------------------
"I love being British. We don't have to do any real work, we sit around looking smug, pointing at the US and saying 'We used to be young like that once.' Then we drink tea." - Liam Ka--thingy

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Once again...

------------------
"People are buried however they choose to be, apparently. Unless you've never written your will, in which case your body is shipped to Meltakron V and reanimated to serve as a robot in their yttrium mines." - Simon Sizer

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Hmm...it seems that neither omegaproject.net nor CastleNet are working. Er, any IRC server suggestions?

------------------
"People are buried however they choose to be, apparently. Unless you've never written your will, in which case your body is shipped to Meltakron V and reanimated to serve as a robot in their yttrium mines." - Simon Sizer

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uses opportunity to spam..sort of.

quote:
Er, any IRC server suggestions?

Yes. irc.mediadriven.com. An IRC network that I'm an Ircop on. Mostly it's pokemon users because there's a java applet on some major pokemon site to MediaDriven. But it should work temporarly until omegaproject is back up.

For those without a java applet it can be accessed from my website, http://thefsd.tripod.com and clicking Chat Room on the menu. Click the check box, then load. Once complete type your nickname and type /join #Treknobabble.

------------------
Sisko: "We run alright, run right at them."
Smiley: "Ah, Pattern Suicide."
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 02, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Once again, it's TrekSunday, and once again, we'll be using the server in Hobbes's post.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Tetris is, and this is fact people, confirmed by the Rand Corporation; fifteen thousand times more addictive than crack. I spent three years in a Tetris-induced haze, barely eating, wandering the streets panhandling for Gameboy batteries." - Simon Sizer

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

TrekSunday early-warning again. Rememeber to connect to irc.mediadriven.com and go to channel #treknobabble at 4PM EST or after (or before if you really want). The Java client link is above.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Frank is absolutely right." - Laz Rojas

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited July 16, 2000).]

Hobbes
Member # 138

And please remember to type /join #Treknobabble once the chat room loads to go to the channel. I've seen some people quit because they're not in the channel. I'll stay in #MediaDriven to Move people to #Treknobabble, just look for Hobbes.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 23, 2000).]

Hobbes
Member # 138

I guess we're still having these things though only a few people show up.

Recaps:

With mIRC (or other IRC client)
Server: irc.mediadriven.com / port 7000
Channel: #Treknobabble
-
With Java chat applet
Go to: thefsd.tripod.com/menu.html
Click on the link to Chat Room on the menu list.
Once the Java applet loads completely, type: /join #Treknobabble.
The applet takes about a minute to load.

It's a new Java applet, and might not work on older browsers.

------------------
- The Daily Show.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 23, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried that and no one was in there...

Also, it took me a while to type in my info, and it automatically took me to another chat room :P

------------------
"The lies I told are not falsehoods according to my definition of truth." Bill Clinton
"All stupid people are liberals, because they don't know any better." Rob Rodehorst
"Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups" - Dilbert, Scott Adams

Hobbes
Member # 138

Well I was there from 4 EST to about 5:30 EST. T_T and Tahna Los showed up briefly since no one else was there.

And yes, the applet takes a while to load because it's a full applet. There's a lite app, but my site isn't connected to it. The one my site goes to has #MediaDriven as the default chat room.

------------------
- The Daily Show.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.