Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Registration: Oh SCREW IT! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Registration: Oh SCREW IT!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked it over with legal counsel. It seems we CAN get away with just saying "You can't register if you're under 13"... Goddamn COPPA. May whoever proposed the rotten legislation ROT IN HELL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!

Anyway, you can register now.

------------------
"You shot him! You shot him dead!!"
"Well, he was attacking me with a banana!"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He tells me this AFTER I write the personality file. *KICK*.

Of course there's a whole other story behind the damn ubb, it's kind of like unstable chemical materials. Falls apart at the slightest nudge.

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tempted to bring up a Dune reference, but I can't quite think of any.

I'm going to have to research this law thing, though. It's sounded weird to me from the beginning.

------------------
"While it is true that 15% of home accidents are caused by large penis related incidents, only a small number have ever been known to be fatal."
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because something's handed down from on high doesn't mean it has to be sensible or reasonable.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Just putting my 2¢.]

Anyone who's ever been in the military can vouch for that!

--Baloo

------------------
"Nice guys finish last? I'll say we do!
(Sometimes we last for hours.)"
-- Me
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frist, darn tootin right! (Isn't that what you yanks say?).

------------------
"Remeber, if there is a nuclear explosion, be sure to close your windows as the massive heat could cause objects within your home to catch fire".

Wise, wise words.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... It's just "darn tootin'", w/o the "right". And, no, we don't say that. :-)

------------------
"This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today..."
-David Bowie, "Space Oddity"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

But Yosamite Sam says it! (I think...)

------------------

Wise, wise words.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, Daryus. I hate to tell you this, but Sam is a cartoon. (sorry)

the expression is a very old one. might be a good question for Cecil.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited June 01, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well, Yosemite Sam also says "Great horny-toads!" Don't expect to hear many Americans saying that, either. Um... Except maybe in jest... :-)

------------------
"This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through the door, and I'm floating in a most peculiar way. And the stars look very different today..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vision of the U.S. is ruined.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, Yosemite Sam is Southern. He's a Dixie Man with a Union name. "Yanks" refer to Northerners.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone who lives in the south (South Carolina), no, no one says that. Unless they're drunk...really drunk.

Actually I always figured Yosemite Sam was from the mid-west. Kind of like a munchin trigger-happy cowboy. Foghorn Leghorn on the other hand is definately from the south though.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you."
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

brnoe
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN,
You a Bowie fan also??

------------------
Bradley Noe
Administrator
Ganon Net Internet

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

brnoe: Um... Actually, I'm not too familiar w/ his stuff, other than "Space Oddity". :-)

As for "Yank", I was under the impression that foreigners used it to refer to anyone from the US...

Foghorn Leghorn is from the "Deep South". Yosemite Sam is more of a "Wild West" type...

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps