Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Changes and stuff, stuff and changes... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Changes and stuff, stuff and changes...
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figured I'd let the rest of ya know. Might win favor with the little people.

(That was a joke.)

(Yes, really.)

Anyway.

It's been a long time coming, so I just want to run things by y'all to get your opinions.

Basically, the DS9 forum is dead. I'm planning on merging its posts with the Voyager forum. When the time comes, a new forum will open dedicated to Series V.

There's also some interest for a dedicated Andromeda forum, which I'm definately for. It would replace the Star Wars forum, which is seeing about as much traffic as the DS9 forum. The SW forum would be merged with the General Sci Fi forum.

Also, Flare2 has been delayed until after the new year. Why? Because UBB6 is due to go beta then, and I'm hoping to make Flare one of the first sites to run what will be the most kickass bulletin board script out there.

This place will be getting a little touchup, possibly even this week. A slightly different look, but the same layout and stuff.

Anyway... thoughts? I'm particularly looking for feedback on the Andromeda forum issue.

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

May I please moderate the Andromeda forum? Bernd can take over DAC, if he's willing.

------------------
"Well, we came, we fought, we got spanked."
-Sheamus Harper, Andromeda

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well while the SW forum may not get a lot of attention, once Episode II is about to come out I'm sure it will.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd reopen the SW forum when there's suffecient traffic.

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good to me, although I would merge DS9 with General Discussion instead of Voyager.

And while Fabrux has brought up the subject, I too would like to change forums at some point, preferably to the Series V Forum (when created, of course).

------------------
It has been brought to my attention that I need a new signature. Unfortunately, I don't happen to have a new one handy since no one's been by TrekSunday in a while to make witty or otherwise amusing comments. Don't you feel guilty now? ;)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perchance a B5 one? Or an anime one? Dibs on moderatorship of the latter...

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Krenim on joining DS9 to General Star Trek

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Ya know what? I totally forgot that General existed... heheheheh. Ok, that fixes that. Yes, merging into General would be better.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a Sol System forum, dedicated to the glory and the wonder that is me? Barring that, an Iron Chef forum. I loves me some Iron Chef.

Hey, where did this comically large cane come from?

*yank*

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! Tetsuin no Ryoji!!

Rock ON!

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to second the motion for a Sol System forum.... with such a glorious person in our midst, it'd be nice to have a place to finally dicuss his greatness without being embarrassed or cluttering up the other boards.....

Aside from that, do what you will.... all the changes sound great to me!

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iron Chef is retarded. What? They can't afford someone to make their own theme?

Fuckin' borrowin' from Hans Zimmers' Backdraft, stupid lazy chef guys. I bet Zimmer has yet to see a royalty dime. If he even knows he's on it. Show's so unpopular...

Cripes.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I'd prefer an Iron Chef forum over a Sol System forum...

------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The changes sound good to me. Except for that sol system one, a forum for the glory that is sol system. Ha what a joke.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, only the funniest joke in the entire world! A joke so brilliant to merely hear it is to be transported to a mystical world of comedic perfection. Compared to this joke, Monty Python was just a bunch of monosyllibic louts with a panty fetish, Abbott and Costello discussed baseball with the perkiness of George Will, and Tom Arnold doesn't even exist.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited November 06, 2000).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps