Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » We're BAAAAAAACK! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: We're BAAAAAAACK!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely, 100% agree with Prakesh. I want the old Flare colors back ... please?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me like. Me like lots. Although I do agree with those hoping this color scheme isn't permanent.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd stumbled across the wrong website - before I did a double take.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but...

I liked the old flare. the old colours, the old graphics. and all the old features were just enough without becoming overkill. Do we really need to know which number member we are or have to log in? The colours are brighter too... or am I just tired!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this will do. Indeed the color scheme needs work. It needs to be darker heheh

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! This is a bit...um.. man I'm not even sure what to say. Extremely different comes to mind.

Plus the whole admin being the only one to change your status line does suck a little. I guess I'll have to agree with Shik on all this, especially on the time zone. There wouldn't happen to be a way to have each person set their timezone?

Or it could just take some time to get us to.

PS: How is Capps #9? Wouldn't he be #1? And since he's not, who is?

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overkill indeed. The TrekBBS is bad enough in that regards. Less is more, and Flare was more, thank you much.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of the member numbers....what DO they mean? Its not alpha....it can't be date of registration...can it? What is it mean? A hit-list? Nooooo...

You know...looking through this one thread, alpha order works for almost everyone except for AndrewR...and Jeff....oh nevermind

Oh...and I kinda like the colours and design myself....clean is good

Oh yeah...quick question, I can't seem to update my email address to [email protected] is that simply because we banned freemail addresses like waaaaaay back?

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mucus ]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it has to do with when we registered. For instance, whoever registered right after me would be member #72, etc.

As for how CC got to be #9... *shrug*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah...and Capps...
this works perfectly fine in Mozilla 0.9 so anyone using Netscape of any flavour can upgrade to that

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the color scheme will be tweaked, BUT it will remain light. I've been planning to go lighter for months, and frankly I like it.

And yes, the graphics will be tweaked and replaced where needed (probably today).

As for the member numbers... well, they've never really been an issue before. They're used by the UBB's search features. Because you can now change your publicly displayed name, the UBB can no longer reliably search by username. Therefore, it has to search by user number.

The numbers are sorted by registration date. In the case of multiple registrations on the same day, they're sorted by name. In this case, I was one of ~70 who registered on 03-12-1999. In alphabetical order, I'm member number 9.

Mucus: UBB works fine in all Mozilla builds - I use the nightlies to develop the darn thing after all.

JeffKardde: I've tried to keep the clutter down as much as possible - all the extra features that Flare has never had that CAN be turned off have been.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to the always industrious Charles Capps, I have been boggled. I fear I may never become unboggled. Nice work.

Still, I remember when we all used wwwboards, and we liked it, damn it! Kids these days, with their UBBs and their "hyperlinks" and their "internet." Out of my yard, I tells 'em!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shik: I imagine most of those concerns will be resolved eventually, since this is a beta version of the UBB, and the final will allow more modification. In the meantime, as a Germanic language enthusiast, I can personally take responsibility for the integrity of your status line.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or me. As long as you provide the correct accents and whatnot, I can do it right. I'm pedantic about those sorts of things, anyway...
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
all the extra features that Flare has never had that CAN be turned off have been.

Not all. You forgot PM.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM == Good.

We once had a person enter here and begin harvesting email addresses for spammage... I turned off the email display for ages afterwards.

Besides, the PM system is going to be changing quite a bit in the next few releases...

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps