Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » We're BAAAAAAACK! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: We're BAAAAAAACK!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Commodore TSN and TSN are different profiles, although you now CAN change your display name.

And no. We're staying on PST. Deal with it.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what, people can change their names now?? I saw that Fabrux changed his name to X5-453.

Hmm.. nevermind, I didn't check the profile editing page.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You Left Coast people really piss me off. Just because you got earthquakes and volcanos and all that environmental hippie shit you think you're the cock's ass, the shit of the land. Bah.

Awll will fawll befowuhe the powuh of Da City. Y'gots no chance t'suhvive make y'time, muddahfukkahs. Now g'won....go get a cannoli, jabroni.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well. So now I have to subtract 4 hours instead of 1... I can deal with that.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I nine instead of six. I had just gotten used to looking at the watch and thinking the arm is on the exact other side...

X5-453? Where did that come from? Is it your serial number? Are you a model T-800?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Angel, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm curious as to how hard it would be have the UBB have personalized time zones... is it something to do with times on non-dynamic pages?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the pages seem to be dynamic these days...
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seem, yes. They're not.

Personalized timezones CAN happen... it depends how much Javascript I can pull off.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's quite possible to be done- the personalized time zones. Spacebattles has that and it's really convient there.

Oh, and I've seen other UBB boards with this feature, but I can't think of where or I'd ask them about the code, might make things faster.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Teelie ]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Charles, you said that soon we may be able to post without logging in first. That's fine, but will I still have to have my cookies turned on even without having to log in?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and in the reply screen, could the replies be flipped so you see the last one first and the first one last? That way you can see what was last said.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

If you choose to turn cookies off once you can post without logging in, you'll still need to enter your un/pw each time... otherwise, there won't be any problems.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been use to it being in my timezone. Now it's a pain in telling new posts since the last time I was here.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Psst.
Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Charles, love the new page. To quote Zero from WC , "Yeah, all neat and shiny."
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps