Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Attn All Members: Bug Report (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attn All Members: Bug Report
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, really, I meant 640... the reply box at a 12 point font should be fine all the way down to 640...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... Just out of curiosity, is this supposed to be popping up at the bottom of the screens?

Flare Observation

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Okay.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"2 files were open fil� assed"?
Why??? What did they do??? This is terrible!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

That counts calls to OpenFileAsArray and OpenFileAsString, thus OpenFileAs*.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There you go again! I could understand if one would want to save ass, but this is unheard of.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what my window shows when I'm in this reply screen.

And about my settings - I only guessed... I'm pretty sure its 800x600 or what ever - where do I confirm/change these settings.

And yes, along with my P133 and Windows 95, I've got a 15 inch monitor...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

Quick question, the uploaded files on the flare server can be linked to from anywhere, right? It's like any other place that has pics?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have recreated on my monitor to the settings you have Andrew. My response is that you've got too many things showing in Netscape that takes up room. These are the things you can do to free up some room in Netscape.
1. Show the Navigational toolbar as text only. It's under Preferences in Appearance.
2. Get rid of the Personal Toolbar. View -> Show -> Personal Toolbar. There's a check mark next to it. Click it to get rid of it.
3. Auto-hide the Windows toolbar, but do keep it on top. Don't worry, as long as it's on top, you can move the mouse over to the toolbar area and the toolbar will pop up. Right-click in a free area on the toolbar and choose properties. Make sure check marks are next to both Auto Hide and Always on Top.

You might want to increase you resolution to 1024 x 768. However if your monitor or video card can't handle it or the text becomes too small then leave it at 800 x 600.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Aha! I thought you meant that, when you had scrolled down, the thing didn't fit.

See, I'm used to scrolling down to get to the reply form, so I thought nothing of it.

Interesting though. I'll take it under advisement...

(In the mean time, reducing the ammount of stuff that NS clutters will be wise - i.e. turning off the text under the back/forward buttons...)

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. That's odd. I don't have to scroll down to hit reply.....

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info guys.
Its now just above the bottom of the screen - with autohide on and just pictures for the buttons and no personal toolbar (never used that anyway).

I don't mind autohide but - I'm use to it being there permanently - for time etc.

The reply button is still off screen though... but at least I'm not having to stop mid sentance to move the screen down to see what I'm typing!

Thanks

Tanru... err... Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps