Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Yes, another upgrade! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Yes, another upgrade!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overwrote the wrong file.. shift + reload, it should go away.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
much better. i like blue, better than purple.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
edit:Nevermind

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Seven Of Nine ]

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: He wade an error? Are you related to Elmer Fudd? (back in da game, woohoo!!)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serious question: Can you recieve flare personal messages here even if you log in from another computer? That is, are the messages directed to your login name (from whereever it's typed in) or is it mail address specific?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The private messaging is tied to the username, so you can log in anywhere and read the messages.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you put Flare on more search engines or something? Because it seems we've gotten more newbies in the past month than we did all of last year ... (course, that could just be me and my imagination...)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

Well that seemed to have gone well. What did you guys do, upgrade the forum? There was no access for a while.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that was odd. I tried assessing the forums at about 2:00am Central Time and got this message:

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get that message. A little bit after 2a.m. CDT, I got:

Progress in Action!

The base operations (Network/Server) of this web site are undergoing upgrades at this time.

Please bookmark this site (as we do have something for you here!) and return a bit later to visit us!

We _will_ be back soon!

From that, I gather it was a server thing, not just a Flare thing.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Yeah, our host retrofitted the server from 4th gen to 6th gen.. quite a change. There will be a little more downtime in the middle o fthe night over the next few weeks as more upgrades are installed.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles,

Did you take our post count out from the bottom of the post? If so, why?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think cause a few people whined that it'd some how be a way to discriminate other members. "Haha I got more posts than you do! I'm better member cause I have 1247 and you only have 854!" Or something like that, I never understood the basis of the argument against post count.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

To see if anyone actually noticed.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm so sad.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps