Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Minor & Major upgrade! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Minor & Major upgrade!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've updated the UBB again, and added on a nice little handy util that may result in really, really fast load times. If you spot any bugs, please point them out here.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question about the New Post Indicators. They don't work for me. They still show up on threads after I already read them.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The UBB doesn't track the threads you've read individually, it just flags the threads based on your last visit / login time. To update the time, use the link on the front page (or within your profile page)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have a bug to report. I go into the Officer's Lounge, and I'm looking at three threads with the little blue markers. So I read one of the threads, and its new stuff, and then I hit the back button to read another one. Upon going back, I discover that the forum has now been reset to a time several hours earlier, with none of the threads I was just looking at marked as new, or even existing if they had originiated after this arbitrary point.

Am I going insane?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I appear to have coined a new word.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another type of bug which has yet to be resolved, I think Charles has been too busy or something, which is fine, but, on a personal note my member status is stuck at 'Junior Member', when I'm obviously not, and I seem to be the only one. It's a little embarassing and annoying. I'd be grateful if that can be sorted out.....

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, either the UBB is a little off or my history's been erased 'cause it the pages tell me I haven't been to any of the threads in any of the forums when I was just there yesterday...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a feeling all thise 'history' business might have something to do with Charles' upgrade - i.e. like when you stuff around with the clock on your 'puter!?! Maybe it got reset or something!?!

Oh and Sol, what was your new word!?!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Sol - your browser is probably caching a copy of the page incorrectly. Don't use the back button if possible - use the navigation breadcrumbs or use new windows to open links...

Red, it looks like you've caught a bug with the script I used to convert our old profiles to the new format - your custom title is "Junior Member"!!

What would you like it changed to?

Part of this upgrade includes changing the URLs to many of the thread, which is why many appear unread.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though my preferences say to only show topics from the last day, it always shows the last 60 days. I tried clearing the cookies and everything...
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capps- from 'Junior member', could you change it to:

'Admiral on the Bridge...'

Thanks...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where have all the old threads gone ... ? Oh where oh where?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Adm.: I've changed your status line for you.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

thank you, thank you, thank you....... most appreciated

--------------------

The ASDB

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Tim, check your profile - what is it set to there?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.