Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » More updates! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: More updates!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes - drop me a PM with that email address included, I'll set up an email alias for you so you can switch...
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bug Report, Charles

In Officers lounge, if you go to the second page, some threads on that page are duplicates of the first.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update-schmupdate!

I'd like to see a member rating ... (number of posts, etc.)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um... The number of posts is already there. Click someone's profile.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...not to mention that front-and-centre member ratings are petty and stupid and the sort of thing they prance about singing about at TrekBBS.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted something here, but never mind. It was my browser, even though it didn't seem to be.

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the Trek_BBS.

But ... eh, nevermind, I'm inebriated.

Wow, that's a big word.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So's Simon. Or something.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the old flare version, when you started writing a reply and then clicked back to the thread to check something, your text up until that point was still in the text field if you went ahead to the reply page.
Nowadays your entire message is wiped if you return to your reply field, making for some irritating mistakes.
Since not all thread-pages carry the "Topic Review" feature after a certain number of replies, I think the message memory should be reinstated.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten my home computer back online, so if anyone wants me, use the messaging system.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks the fault lies not in the code, but in your browser.. that still works fine for me.

And if you reaaallly need to go back, click on the link to open the thread in a new window, leaving your text intact?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Along those lines, a feature other BBs have that I thought would be annoying, but isn't, is where when you type up your reply, the previous posts in the thread are displayed in reverse order at the bottom of the page. It helpsyou to check that you're replying to the correct person, and it stops you from having 50,000 windows open.

(BTW, Flare is really slow on my uni computers, running Win 2000 and IE5. But then, all web-pages are, so it's probably not your fault.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I'll see if there's something I can do with the browser settings.
And -Mike, I used to do the multi-browser bigamy thingee, and after just a couple of days I ended up replying to the wrong thread like a fuckhead, so now I just copy the text and insert it if I need to.
But it would be nice not to have to, naturally.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
the previous posts in the thread are displayed in reverse order at the bottom of the page

Doesn't Flare have that? But only for the first page ... once it goes to page -2- and on, it doesn't.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

*checks*

You're right. I never noticed.

Okay, one other thing that has bugged me for years. When you reply to a topic, wouldn't it make more sense to be redirected to the latest page of a topic, rather than the first? That way you can check to see if anyone's posted while you were typing, and it just makes more sense. I am right.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yes, you're right on that. It's annoying getting sent back to the first page instead of, like in that all-encompasing hilariously funny Contest thread, the 57th page.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps