Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Introducing Recent Visitors! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Introducing Recent Visitors!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Most of it is pretty self explanitory.

If you want to be invisible while browsing the forums, enter your profile (the My Profile link above)... at the bottom of the update screen is an option with wording similar to "Hide from Recent Visitors?"

Just hit yes rather than no. You'll be logged as a guest.

You should also notice that the thing is *NOT* real-time... The list may take around five minutes to update itself. Pounding on it won't make it update any faster.

You can view where a certain person has been in the past time period (currently set to one hour) by viewing their profile. Admins will get a few more goodies.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Pughkeepsie Journal! There are names listed on the front page that I've never seen post here before! It's the Haunting of Flare by the Lurkers!

Seriously, though, this is kinda cool. It's gonna take a while for me to get used to it, however.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will adapt.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's kind of creepy...
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Which is why you can opt-out in your profile.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh... I had no idea that so many people stopped by Flare in the space of only an hour. Very nice.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Has anyone looked at the details page yet?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that I particularly care that people see I'm on or in a place...but, uh...what's the feckin' POINT, G?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at Details page* Jeepers! This is worse than BB (Big Brother) watching us, CC is watching us!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

That's what I asked when I first started coding the thing. I didn't really see the point in the feature... Everyone else does it in such a way that you can only see who's been online recently, which in itself isn't really all that important.

We threw in a twist - visit the details page. You see a breakdown of where people visited, not just who was there.

That's the point.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After having looked at the details page, I must repeat myself: Ooh...

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11% popularity? Intolerable!
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whew*
That recent-visitors bar scared me when I first saw it.

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

AAAAAAAIYEEEE!

I mean, what Veers said.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, I have a request... is it possible to put the "just visted" list underneath the body of the page... cause, when I come here - the first thing I want to see is posts not who has dragged their muddy foot-prints through the forum. Then it's still there if I'm interested - it's just that it's not sticking in your eye at the top of every page. Plus It's more I have to scroll past to get to the meat and potatoes of the board.

Andrew

P.S. I think cable here in Australia might have finally got Trek right - before I go to bed I sit down to relax and catch Deep Space Nine. I get up and have breakfast infront of the Teev and get to watch Voyager! SUBLIME! Saturday evenings is TOS -> TNG -> Voyager -> DS9 -> Babylon 5 -> Starhunter (never really watched it).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps