Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Introducing Recent Visitors! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Introducing Recent Visitors!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are some names bolded and some not?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the names all lead to the profiles of those users. If the name is bolded, that means you haven't visited that person's profile since the last time you cleared your history folder. Those are not bolded mean that you have visited that person's profile recently.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's possible to put it at the bottom, and I'll probably do so after this initial beta test.

Popularity is relative to the total number of people that have visited. Therefore, if 100 people have visited the board in total, but only 40 of them visited a single forum, that forum has a popularity rating of 40%.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I think I may have found a bug, Charles. Sometimes, when I go to a forum, the "Recent Viewers" box isn't there. When I click on the forum's link in location bar (like the one here says Flare Sci-Fi Forums -- Administration -- Incoming Hail -- Introducing Recent Visitors!), the forum refreshs and the "Recent Viewers" box appears. Also, if I'm in a forum and click on the Flare logo to go back to the forum summary page, the "Recent Viewers" box doesn't always appear. But if I click the logo again, the summary page refreshs and the box is there.

This doesn't happen all the time to. It's only happened about ten times thus far, and I can't find anything different that I'm doing here.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will sometimes not appear if the part of the UBB you're visiting can't find a copy of the cached file... It's perfectly normal, but it shoudln't happen too often.

Don't go lookin' for it.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I must say I like this. It gives me a chance to know if somebody is online when I post a thread/reply that relates to them specifically.

I have a single, gripe, however, Charles. I notice that the Mod board and the UP3 board isn't included.

While I can see why the Mod board is not included, I would like to be able to see updates like this on the UP3 forum. If you can make this change, but you do not want non-contributors to view updates on these forums specifically, would it be possible to allow this feature to people whom have access to the contributor forum, like how mods have those "extra features" you previously mentioned?

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Holodeck Corp
Member # 618

- posted      Profile for Holodeck Corp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome implementation Charles!! Much better than WOL.

--------------------
Steve

"If you are sure you understand everything that is going on, you are hopelessly confused."

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Right now, the system has no way to determine what is or is not a private forum. It's left up to the bits that control the HTML to figure that out.

Right now, the private forums only get the list of users recently there - the details page can not be generated safely. It will remain that way for at least the next few betas, until I can tie in private forum authentication with the display routines.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reading this thread, then I hit the Go button below to get back to Incoming Hail. I got this error message:

An error has occured:

Can't call method "truncate" on an undefined value at ubb_lib_pntf.cgi line 472.

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

I wiped the cookies off my pc recently so maybe that has something to do with it...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with AndrewR. As well, can you make the whole thing SMALLER? The size of the thing makes it look like it sticks out like a sore thumb.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lurkers beware! We know who you are!

This is fun!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Jernau: Let me know if that error continues. Thanks.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ... why are some names bolded and some not? With respect to Siggy, I don't think he's right -- becuase I clicked on a lot of names (including my own), and a lot of people (including me ) are un-bolded. Eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Because the names all lead to the profiles of those users. If the name is bolded, that means you haven't visited that person's profile since the last time you cleared your history folder. Those are not bolded mean that you have visited that person's profile recently.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I've just shortened the block a bit, it should be smaller on the screen now.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.