Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Post preview is your friend (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Post preview is your friend
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It works great for me. No problems to report. It also saves a lot of headaches when typing posts using lots of UBB coding and the like.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore me and my potatoes.

DEFEATED BY DISTANCE AGAIN!!!

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is with Liam's font ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's bending the space near his posts, Jeff. Duh!

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valdemort is with me. You will perish.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Get in line, Jeff. You ain't the only one telling me that.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Okay, Charles, I found a problem. I typed a really long post for an Officers Lounge thread and clicked on Preview Post to check it out. When the popup appeared, half of the post I had written was missing. It looked like the apostrophe in "don't" screwed it up. The last of my post on preview appeared in preview form as, "...don%2"

I hadn't used and apostrophe earlier in the post; that was the first occurence. The apostrophe changed to a "%2" and ate everything after it. When I pressed Add Reply, though, the post I typed came up perfectly.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has nothing to do with post preview functions, but I was wondering O mighty Tallest, if it would be possible for you to tweak the PM email notification code so that it doesn't send you the entire PM text in the notification (thus negating the need to check one's PMs)?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Siegfried, can you post the URL to that thread so I can look at the post? Thanks.

Shik, I could do that, but I need to use the stock email templates..

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. Ain't dat da BITCH, yo. But it was worth askin'. Don't get NOwhere wit'out askin' da QUEStions.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Here is the link: http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002240;p=2

It's the really long one near the middle of the page. As I said, it posted fine, but the preview of the post was funky.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Is there a limit as to how many lines of the post can be seen on preview? In this thread in the General Sci-Fi Discussion area, I made a moderately long post. When I previewed it, the preview was missing the last two or three lines of the post I had written. And the apostrophes came out all right, too.

If there is some sort of limit to the amount of the post that can be previewed, this could be related to the earlier problem I noted. It looks like I was only able to preview a set amount of my posts.

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to cut off at 950 characters or so. Bizarre.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got something that may or may not be a bug. When I try the post preview, it runs all of the lines together by taking out the returns. Everything's still readable, but it's all blended into one paragraph and gets a little hard to follow.

It could also be browser-specific. I'm using Netscape 4.77.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Also, and a bit off topic, why is there an extra line or two when you quote someone? Does using the quote feature automatically add a line?

Actually, I should say space. It's like someone hit "return" a few times too many

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps