Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Post preview is your friend (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Post preview is your friend
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that. All of a sudden a lot of the auto-tags have at leats two spaces between them, and one either side. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Auto tags?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed the same thing when I'm just using the regular HTML <blockquote> tags. I used to always type a blank line after the </blockquote>, before typing my own words. But now that leaves a double blank line.
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OKay, I've fixed some of the odd spacing issues. The new quote behavior is apparently as designed in the new templates.

<blockquote> is technically not supposed to work as we're using it anyway, so this is a kludge.

For those that get cut-off posts - when you have the problem, check to see if the "show signature" and "disable smilies" checkboxes work still.

If things are cut off and you can turn off smilies or your sig in your post, I'll know where to look...

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
test

cool it works!

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I found the cutoff error - it will be corrected in the next upgrade.
Techguy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you think it would be better to do this without javascript? Just as an additional step, and afterwards you have an option of editing a message or submitting it...

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Techguy ]

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

We tried that, but it involved way, way too much work.

This works without major modifications (i.e. a retrofit) of all the posting functions.

Techguy
Ex-Member

for a 5.47e there used to be a hack that did a similar job... it actually brough up the same reply page with text but had previewed message on top. It wasnt way too complex if I remember. But the current one is fine too.. Well besides thats its js
BzzBzz
Ex-Member

Oj j�vlar h�r va de inte lite n�rd larm!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, more from Swedish Cook...

Literally: (http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/cgi-bin/skolverket/swe-eng)
"Oh, ??? here what that not little nerd ???!"

Possibly something like "Ooh, aren't they the little nerds"... it's getting weirder.

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I love idiots! They're so *CUTE* when they get angry!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking in our new friend's profile, does anyone else *not* want to know what 'shit sex' is? Ew.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You see it all when you work in the dorms. And, unfortunately, I know what "shit sex" is. I really wish that my memory came with a delete or repress button...

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps