Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » I love it when no one notices... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I love it when no one notices...
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wouldn't be that you now get returned to the last page of the topic after posting a reply, would it? Although that has been around for a couple of months, I think. Very useful, though.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say... How long have we been able to hide the Recent Visitors thing?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've GOT IT! The forum is no longer a bulletin board with blackish background and greenish-blue/purple text! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh god yes, let's do something for St Patrick's day. Green backgrounds are SO easy to read from. Yes.

Simon's amusing alt-FAQ hasn't gone up, has it? As that would require him to finish it...

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could always hide from PNTF....

An evil color scheme is coming up. Fear it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like ... how soon are we talking, here?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another change I've noticed is that the profiles don't open in new windows anymore.

Charles: when are you going to kill the suspense and let all know what the major changes are that we seem to be skipping right over?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every time the version number down below increments, there's either a major redesign of the architecture of a component (i.e. rewriting the file locking routines, etc) or an addition of a major component.

Obvioulsy the search is back. There are some minor changes, such as the additional user levels and the forwarding back to the right page after you reply / edit....

There are also some not so minor changes that still go unnoticed, such as the new pagination links, the missing contact us / homepage link down below, and other niftyness.

There are a handful of things I've added but not enabled here... first is polling - I don't think we have a need for it here. It'll be added to the Lounge or somesuch at some point in the future.

The second is user avatars. I do not think the community would mix well with the things. Too much clutter.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Another change I've noticed is that the profiles don't open in new windows anymore."

*clicks a profile link*

*watches the new window open*

Erm...

Anyway, I'd agree about the avatars. I always thought those things looked kind of silly.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is an avatar, in this context?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What is an avatar, in this context?

That will be samll pictures, either beside or under your user name, coming soon to the Trekbbs. I've seen them used on ezboards, and chuckie is right, they are clutter.

MissManners has a nice one at the troll kingdom:

http://pub79.ezboard.com/ftrollkingdomfrm29.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, those. I agree, they make the place look messy.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I'm not in favor of them, I would point out that I've usually seen them under a person's name, which at least keeps the left-side column a little narrower.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that 'Ignore' option new?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Oh Oh Oh!! (Raises hand)

Perpetual Members!!

Some of us just wont go away.

[Cool]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps