Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Flare Upload Returns! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Flare Upload Returns!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this is convenient! Thanks. (I just tried it out, and it works on my Mac. Huzzah!)

One question: is there any official limit on how many files are allowed to be uploaded at a time? I presume there's some sort of maximum capacity for the entire upload service directory, also.

Just want to make sure I don't break the system. [Wink]

[ March 24, 2002, 14:09: Message edited by: MinutiaeMan ]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

p!|<4ch|_| 0|\|z j00 [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well first things first - the service is only for use for files to be posted here at Flare... mainly images.

Use common sense when uploading. Don't upload copyrighted images, etc... things that would get me in trouble. [Smile] Try to keep images under 200k. The server has a couple hundred megs free, and I can easily move it onto a server that has much more free. (And not break the links to boot! [Smile] )

The ability to manage the stuff you've uploaded is coming in the next version, probably late next week or the week after (when I have time to devote to the system)

[ March 24, 2002, 16:25: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did you have to introduce this feature? now the UBBs across thw world is going to become chaotic with images!!

(If they aready aren't) [Razz]

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a UBB feature, I assure you - it's here only on Flare.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and BBs all over the world are already cluttered with bullshit.. this is one of the few that has content

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The above is debatable at times.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I know of no other board out there on which the members can have 25+ page long debates about starships....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but think about it. Do you really call that "content"?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I call it "SAD"

It stands for "starship-associated debate." Honestly. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cook-book!!!!

I made three "password-violations" and was called a bozo (better than bum, I suppose) before I remembered the right keys. If you're wondering, Charles.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I send all the people who would like me to post their starship designs to Flare...?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

That'd be nice. [Wink]

Just an advisory... attempting to pull an uploaded image into a site outside of Flare will result in... Well... this.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.