Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Requesting a status line change?

Author Topic: Requesting a status line change?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you wish to have your status line changed, you must ask one of the admins to do so. Admins, as in TSN, Krenim, Daryus, Frank, Jubilee, and Charles.

Mods don't have access to that part of the UBB. And frankly, I've been getting requests from not one, but around six people all asking me to change their status line for them.

Thanks
Eric

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
War, what is it good for?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good for the military budgets. And for advances in weaponry. And baby-booms.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And getting presidents reelected.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
If you wish to have your status line changed, you must ask one of the admins to do so. Admins, as in TSN, Krenim, Daryus, Frank, Jubilee, and Charles.

So basically...Tim & K-Man. Barring the occasional Howard Hughes-like appearance of The Almighty Hairiest.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It makes no sense that we can't change out status lines bit we can change our names? So basically the only way to know someone is by their status line and maybe their Member#?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People were at one time allowed to alter their SLs themselves. Think of it as a special privilege given only to senior members. It was assumed that by the time a newbie reached a certain post count, he or she had matured enough to handle the responsibility.

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

[ June 16, 2002, 13:48: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well given we have people like BWC who likes to change their names so often, we might soon lose that ability for ourselves soon.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may soon regain the ability to change your own status lines.

The only reason that you can't do so now is that the feature hasn't been approved to go in yet. We always run the latest copy of the UBB here on Flare (after all, I'm the one writing it)... and being a beta site, I can't add anything into the code that won't go into the final product.

The ability to let members change their status is on the list of things for the next major version, but the list is not final, and the next version is a few months off.

Very few people really abuse the ability to change PDNs... those that do abuse the right will quickly find themselves unable to do so - in fact, unable to change any element of their profile.

Anyway. If you would like your status changed, please do contact Tim, Krenim, or myself. Frank, Jubes, and Daryus aren't around that much...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff*

Daryus, we *sniff* hardly knew *sniff* ya ...

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd still be happy to change status lines, actually...just harass me on AIM.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

War, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing! (say it again)

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

War huah! what is it good for?!

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
War is something that I despise
For it means destruction of innocent lives
For it means tears in thousands of mothers' eyes
When their sons go out to fight to give their lives

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again
War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing

War
It's nothing but a heartbreaker
War
Friend only to the undertaker
War is the enemy of all mankind
The thought of war blows my mind
Handed down from generation to generation
Induction destruction
Who wants to die

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again
War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing

War has shattered many young men's dreams
Made them disabled bitter and meanLife is too precious to be fighting wars
each day
War can't give life it can only take it away

War
It's nothing but a heartbreaker
War
Friend only to the undertaker
Peace love and understanding
There must be some place for these things today
They say we must fight to keep our freedom
But Lord there's gotta be a better way
That's better than
War

War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again
War
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.