Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Upgrade! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Upgrade!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, no results at all for Wolf 359. Which is definitely impossible....
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The quick reply has all the same features, text-wise, as the normal reply page, it's just integrated into the actual thread page for greater convenience.

The only thing the full reply page has that the quick reply doesn't is the checkboxes for reply notifications, the signature display option, and the disabling of smilies.

(I mean really... does anyone actually USE those buttons to get the UBB code? I never thought it was THAT hard to remember!)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be able to look into the search problem shortly... I think it's probably just our index.
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whee

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty spiffy new control panel. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found another bug!

The Preview Post link is kaputt.

(and the 404 page is still in the very old black colorscheme! wow!)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny... I remember using the post preview just this morning, and it worked fine. And I just double-checked with this post, both on the quick-reply and the full form -- both of them displayed just fine.

I think the problem might be on your end, Harry. It's probably that wonderful IE cache again... [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Weird Al
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hey Charles, the times in the directory are messed up

code:
Weird Al - Member # 1134, October 09, 2003  
Jan - Member # 1133, blank , 20-100
ProfKSergeev - Member # 1132, blank , 20-100
Dangerous-online - Member # 1130, blank , 20-100
Vox - Member # 1129, blank , 20-100

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

It's probably that wonderful IE cache again... [Wink]

I use Firebird, thank you very much [Razz]

I just realized Preview does work on new replies, but not in Edit Post.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I use Firebird, thank you very much [Razz]

Ah, sorry. I should've known you'd have more sense than to use IE. [Wink] (I do like your taste in browser, though. I still use Camino/Mozilla on occasion myself, though I generally have Safari as my default now.)

One other really nice touch I thought I'd comment here to indicate my appreciation -- if you start typing into the quick reply form, then change your mind and decide to use the full reply page and click the "Full Reply Form" button, the UBB software will preserve what you've already typed and automatically insert it in the text field for you. Nice touch! [Smile]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one thing i'd suggest is to leave the sig off automatically for the quick reply feature, even if i leave it automatically checked 'on' in the standard reply form in my preferences.

but what does that matter really good job on the baord am i rite guyz lol

Weird Al
Ex-Member

Uhh, one big bug IMHO is that fact that even after unsubscribing to this thread, I still get the emails [Embarrassed]

[ October 13, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the quick reply, BTW.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The search is fixed in the code, as is the odd missing dates on the Directory page... when the version number says 0.173 instead of 0.172, the fix has been uploaded.

Al, are you using the unsubscribe link from the email? I'm able to change your subscription status by editing your message, so THAT part works...

The state of your signature and the disable graemlins links is preserved from your preferences, Captain Mike. [Razz]

Weird Al
Ex-Member

I was unsubscribing via the page in my profile, and it showed it gone
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps