Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Welcome Back... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Welcome Back...
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you all are enjoying the eye candy - here's to hoping the newness doesn't wear off.

We're now being powered by UBB 5.38. Is this a good thing? Yes and no.
Good things: Long threads no longer have to be closed! Every 35 posts, a new page is made. I'm sure many of you will enjoy that.
Good thing: Closed threads may now be reopened
Good thing: See those little Next Newer Post | Next Older Post items? Use them.
Good thing: Searching is now easier and less intense on the server
Good thing: We now have the option of allowing unregistered users to post - though I don't think I'll allow it yet
Good thing: Archives!!!
Good thing: We can now move threads!

Now, bad things.
Bad thing: No more table splitting due to the border system... Netscape users will notice delays
Bad thing: Thusly, one overly-wide post will mess up the rest of the posts on that page
Bad thing: Ted, in a fit of stupididy (apparently) decided to remove the function that lets you view a thread on the reply pages, and I couldn't get the old function to work... This means you'd better know what you're gonna say before hitting the reply button! If all else fails, open the reply link in a new window.

Now, let's move on to the next topic at hand...
- The Gadgets forum is currently not available - the board will be down tonight sometime for some maintainence. All posts from the old Gadgets forum will be moved into the appropriate Archive. All old posts from various other forums will also be Archived. This is a manual process. I'd do it now if I wasn't in a hurry to get this place open again.
- I want your reccomendations for more Science Fiction forums! We have two slots available, so get suggesting!
- You MIGHT notice that a description or two has dissapeared - that's my mistake, I uploaded the wrong file a bit back, and can't find the original... I'll ask the forum Moderators to decide on new forum descriptions
- A very good one... Senior Members may now change their own status lines! On their own! WITHOUT MY HELP. Check out your profile.

Now that you're done reading this, PLEASE CLICK THE PROFILE LINK ABOVE! There is a new option allowing me to mass mail all of you at your selected email address, and I HIGHLY suggest you go fill it out.

Happy Foruming.

------------------
Person One: "LOOK! Charles has changed his sig!"
Person Two: "Quick, call a doctor!"
the solareclipse network

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFLMAO* You can't spell 'Chief. . .' �)

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh shut up. *L*

------------------
the solareclipse network

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this blue strobelight thing we got goin on over on the right's gonna take some getting used to.

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, now I have to change the address in my solarflare button

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Deep6
Ex-Member

Yeah, its kind of like a kid who's gone by Joey all his life suddenly being called Joe.

"Hey, SolarFlare's back up!!"

"Oh, you mean Flare"

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back is good!

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. But, uh...what's with all that dead space to the right?

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at CC* Told you that looked dumb... :-�

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the side bar flickers when I scroll down :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

It's meant to show consistency in design - you'll all see what I'm talkin' about in a few hours.

Oh, and the flickering... Get a better graphics card and/or browser. :P

------------------
the solareclipse network

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't having the entire right third of the screen as just a flickering blue thing a bit of a waste?

And I'm using the same graphics card as you, in 1024 x 768

------------------
"In my defence that bush is actually quite big"
-M the F

Deep6
Ex-Member

Ah, feel the anticipation....

------------------
"The brocolli must die!"

-Stewie, The Family Guy

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Well, the entire point of the design is for everything to be flush left. Would you rather the entire right side be just blank?

------------------
the solareclipse network

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'd rather it be centered, but you already know that...

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps