Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Money and other associated topics (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Money and other associated topics
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will be NO POPUPS... I recieved the activation letter earlier this morning, and I'll put up the ads in a few minutes.
*eyes RW, notes bug, will fix it later*

------------------
Person One: "LOOK! Charles has changed his sig!"
Person Two: "Quick, call a doctor!"
the solareclipse network

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies and gentlemen, the ads....

------------------
the solareclipse network

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*click*

------------------
"The brocolli must die!"

-Stewie, The Family Guy

IP: Logged
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*goes to check out and add and click on the site*

*Stops dead in her tracks*

Charles. No. I can NOT click on that add. *crosses arms and taps foot* Remember how you said you can pick and choose the ads you post? I think you said that, anyway.... well, DO! *glares* That add is for the BAD MOVIE!

Yuck. Not even to save the Forums can I bring myself to click THAT. No way, no how... I'd rather send you a personal check that do that.

So here. Now you know my feelings on any ads pertaining to that... *shudder* Movie....

*gack!*

~LOA

PS~ You DO know, I'm sure, that all of that was in fun (kinda) and that I don't hate you.... I just hate that ad.... but I'm not homocidal... really... *twitch, twitch*

------------------
I hate men. I truly do. But it's okay... I'm not bitter.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*clicks on the ad he thinks LOA is boycotting*

Checks again... No, thanks. I don't want a VISA...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

A reminder: Clicking on every ad won't do a bit of good... Only one click every six hours for one person is counted.

------------------
the solareclipse network

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ads don't bug me. What bugs me is the lack of "white space" (actually, background-colored space is more like it) beneath the ad. Right now, the ad just sits on the bottom border* of my browser like an anchor at the bottom of the sea. It just looks funny.

Perhaps about 10 pixels or so (one blank line will do) would alleviate this (non-) problem. It's purely a matter of aesthetics, and if I'm the only one bugged by it, let me suffer (I can guess what a hassel making such a minor change might turn out to be, so I won't insist).

BTW, I like the Dr. Dean Edell site.

There's hope if she "just wants to be friends", but you'll have to be patient!

--Baloo

------------------
Being right is not enough.
You can't badger someone into agreeing with you.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

* Oops! I really must check my spelling before hitting the "submit" button!

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited June 26, 1999).]

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Ah, the wonders of Dr. Dean...

See, ENJOY the ads. *L*

------------------
the solareclipse network

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC, by a little calculator work I have come up with the minimum total that you should make...

With this kind of dough you can buy Jubilee a nice little gold/silver doohickey. Plus pay for several forums of this size at once. Sheesh!

------------------
I shall smite Sternbach with my SpoonSaber!

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Antag: I'm assuming a worst-case-scenario.

I'm assuming the opening of UP3 will result in us moving to a dedicated server, which needs mucho $$$ a month. Put the money in a bank account for retrieval when needed. I don't intend to use any money generated here for any purpose that will not increace the quality of the site and/or keep the site going.

------------------
the solareclipse network

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, CC. I was kidding. What you do with the money is totally up to you, since this is after all your forums. Whether it be for your own use (hey, webmasters need to relax sometimes with a night off, where do you think the money'll come from? *L*)

UP-3 will be that big, huh? Either big or really used, in any way you look at it I still can't wait.

------------------
I shall smite Sternbach with my SpoonSaber!

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww.... does this mean I don't get a nice gold/silver doohicky? *LOL*

*clicks on Yoda* .. this is fun.

------------------
Cherish your visions; cherish your ideas; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for if you remain true to them, your world will at last be built.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, then, maybe somebody ELSE should buy her a nice gold/silver do-hickey...

*Watches too much X-Files, gets confused, accidentally buys Jubes a silver "Frohike" instead*

Whoops.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited June 26, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only ad I ever get is for some contractor site. Contractors! I ask you, what possible use do I have for a contractor? Do I need concrete poured? Perhaps an extension to my computer desk? Really.

------------------
"Breath...keep breathing. I can't do this alone"
--
Radiohead

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, thanks First of Two........ *puts on gold/silver Frohike* ... I think.

------------------
Cherish your visions; cherish your ideas; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for if you remain true to them, your world will at last be built.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.