Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Money and other associated topics (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Money and other associated topics
Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Capps,

Have you considered getting a bookstore thing with Amazon.com?

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise: Actually, there was going to be an Amazon thing a while back, but I don't remember what ever happened w/ it...

Jubee: Erm... You sure that thing isn't life size? I mean, granted, Frohike isn't the tallest character on that show, but still... :-)

------------------
"You! Are you smarter than this one?"
-Ambassador Byleth to LaForge regarding Worf, TNG's "Liasons"

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited July 01, 1999).]

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was one for the BG, but it never turned out... No profit was ever made.

------------------
Charles Capps
Cheif Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... well in that case.... *takes off Frohicke* ...
I'm allergic to Gold anyway..... *starts itching furiously*

------------------
Sex is sacred. Your body is a temple. Anyone need sanctifying? ;)

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CC is faced with the issue that young adults face-you want to everything and you will do everything that is necessary to have these things. In the end, you become a slave to debt. My advice-hold off on the UP3, reduce the money load by offering a pared down site, and setting rules that limit use or something else so that the site is kept functional. However, being as young as CC is, he will probably go ahead with UP3, become mired in debt, and the forums will fold. I predict the forums will collapse in a few months. This will be one of his first life lessons in regards to debt. And my hope is that CC will learn and grow from this experience.
IP: Logged
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, thanks for your vote of confidence.

------------------
Charles Capps

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited July 01, 1999).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're a bit overly pessimistic, Trinculo. SolarFlare is CC's baby, yes. But U3 and these Forums are not exclusively his responsibility. That's why there are other moderators and admins. Even in his absence, we're still around to take care of the place. We are the hydra.

------------------
"Breath...keep breathing. I can't do this alone"
--
Radiohead

Trinculo
Ex-Member

I am not the first to suggest that the Forums may not continue. CC is the first I know of.

------------------
Takeoffs are optional.
Landings are mandatory.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. . . rather than just click arbitrarily on a banner and wander around a bit, you'd sooner see the whole thing fold? Fine. If you can't spare the time from your packed work schedule and social life, we understand completely. But it's not like CC's asking a lot. . .
Trinculo
Ex-Member

CC has chosen to place himself in debt by upgrading the site and planning on adding a large site [UP3] to his bill. I do not help others if they put themselves in a situation where they are sinking in debt. This is accomadation. I have given my advice. It has been ignored. Now I wait to see what happens to the site.

BTW, though I have expressed support for the UP3 as a community member, I believe the site is a further redundancy on the Web about starships and starship construction. There are enough lists and schematics for a person to walk on from California to the East Coast. If the site doesn't expand beyond the lists and the schematics found on so many other sites and the forums fold, I will withdraw my support.

------------------
Takeoffs are optional.
Landings are mandatory.

[This message has been edited by Trinculo (edited July 01, 1999).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinculo - you've made your position quite clear. If you don't support an initiative, just say nothing at all. The reality is that Charles is in this situation, he's not asking us to send him cheques, just to brainlessly click a few links, no big deal huh? Anyway you get the idea. Now in the interests of forum harmony I'm going to ask you to tone it down. I don't want to have to ask again.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited July 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited July 01, 1999).]

Trinculo
Ex-Member

I accept and understand message. And I support the UP3 in the spirit of "forum harmony". CC threatened the members by saying if he or she didn't visit the banners, the site will fold. I don't accept or tolerate being threatened. I believe the time to threaten an individual comes when both parties were actively engaged in an activity since the beginning. CC made the decision to change the forums, upgrade the forums, and introduce UP3 without the full support of the group-there were dissenters. I didn't participate with CC on the referenced three items. And I certainly wasn't going to stand still and be threatened. I responded. I make no amends or apologies.

------------------
Takeoffs are optional.
Landings are mandatory.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other words, it's Trinculo's ball, and he's going home.
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

If you don't like the way I operate, then LEAVE. Simple as that.

The LAST thing I need right now is someone saying "Oh, look, he's being a fool and is going to fail, and I'll get to rub it in!" Do you know what that makes YOU look like? I have enough doubts about my abilitiy to run this thing without someone pointing it out to the whole damned world. Thanks for bringing my doubts and worries to the front. Does a world of good for me right now. If I wasn't holding back, I'd tell you what I feel about your opinions, but I think you can gather that much from this message.

------------------
Charles Capps

Trinculo
Ex-Member

CC, you open yourself to this form of criticism with your thread about people not gettng the message. If you have doubts or fears, don't discuss them openly. I don't gloat about the situation for I feel that many people visit the forum to be part of a web community which I fear may be threaten by decisions that you made in the last month. These were and are not critical: UP3 and the changing of the format. If you ask me to leave, I will do so without protest.

------------------
Takeoffs are optional.
Landings are mandatory.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps