Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Sci-Fi Suggestions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi Suggestions
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I do believe that this is the first announcement I've ever made...

Anyway, as CC said in the "Welcome Back" thread, he's intending to open two more Sci-Fi Forums. As no one was offering suggestions there, I figured I'd start a seperate thread so the subject would get more notice.

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if there will be two more Sci-Fi forums, I'd say that... *gulp* Animated Sci-Fi and Babylon 5 & Crusade would be the best picks (especially based on the Forums' users' preferences)... not that I'd ever really post in them, but...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest an X-Files forum. Or better yet, a general Chris Carter forum where we could talk about Harsh Realm when it starts airing as well.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, Chimmychanga. 8)

CC has ruled out a cartoon Forum, though - any other ideas?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ruled out a cartoon forum? *awaits a small insurrection of a few certain members*

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*starts insurrection*

How about a forun totally devoted to the Autobot Primes?

No, a cartoon forum is a good idea.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #4 : Never mention your girlfriend to anyone until your romantic reunion. You'll both get a laugh at their amazed faces.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I suggested a Cartoon/Anime Forum to CC earlier, but he didn't think it was a good idea. Oh well. If it seems enough people want it, he might change his mind. If not, well, there's that CC mind-control device I've been working on...

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartoons? Bah. X-Files all the way :-)

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alas, the cartoon forum is REALLY stretching it... It's out, sorry.

------------------
Person One: "LOOK! Charles has changed his sig!"
Person Two: "Quick, call a doctor!"
the solareclipse network

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How 'bout a Red Dwarf Forum? :-)

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we really need them? As I've said before, it's not like the traffic is all that heavy in General Sci-Fi. It seems to me that if there was a great need for discussion relating to any of these topics, General would be much more busy.

------------------
"Breath...keep breathing. I can't do this alone"
--
Radiohead

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had to pick, B5/Crusade Forum and probably X-Files. Personnaly, the General Forum gets so little traffic, why do we need them? But, there are my picks.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you know, a lot what we talk about in General Sci-Fi relates to Cartoons/Anime...the demand for such a forum is there.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." - TMBG

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it, it's not gonna happen. It just points to the general ignorance of SF that exists around here, is all. I will be taking steps to remedy that. . .
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crusade-Bablon-5. X-files might work. Perhaps a Fantasy forum, although, that may draw some weirdo's, well weirder people then we already. Am I getting in deep here. The former Trekzone bbs suported a TOS and a TNG forum pretty well. I still go into the TOS forum, but never click their adds, which reminds me.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps