Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Apparently some of you didn't get the message... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Apparently some of you didn't get the message...
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are in debt. Seriously. About $700, give or take. That is the reason I put up the banners.

Costs are about to rise again from $60 to $80 a month. That is the reason I put up the banners.

I hate being in debt, especially to my PARENTS. That is why I put up the banners.

You are to visit our sponsors. That is why I put up the banners.

If you don't visit, I don't get the money I need to pay the bills. I don't get the money, this place DIES. That is why I put up the banners.

I ask that everyone who has read this message write a note to yourself... Once a day, visit a sponsor and look around. That's it. Once a day. That is why I put up the banners.

------------------
Charles Capps
Cheif Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't visit the banners because I don't like the topics. Can you put topics that include news, science, or airlines? Then I would visit the banners on a daily basis. (I don't have much money and I don't like Mr. Forbes or his publication. When I read a business publication, I read Business Week.)

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no control over what banners DO appear. I've excluded certain banners because I feel they are not appropriate. If I exclude too many, then non-profit ones get put in... While I actually like them, I don't get paid, and neither does the ad place.

------------------
Charles Capps

[This message has been edited by Charles Capps (edited July 01, 1999).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, if you don't click through, you'll miss great stuff like this:

Want To Feel Good? Don't Smell A Child, Sniff Your Granny - July 01, 1999

UK (New Scientist) - The smell from an old lady's armpits can raise your spirits, a scientist in Pennsylvania claims. Her work also suggests that in contrast, the scent of a young child does nothing to improve your mood.

From Discovery Helath. I love the Dsicovery Channel!!

Seriously though, I don't need a car loan, but I can spare a couple minutes to click through and find out why I don't need one.

One banner in the morning, and one in the evening after I get done looking around here!!

------------------
For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius!

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we just have to open new windows, or do we have to click through them, too?

------------------
"You can stand me up at the Gates of Hell, but I won't back down."- Tom Petty :-)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Frbes site is pretty nice, and they aren't trying to get you to by stuff.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

I reccomend looking through them to see if there's anything interesting...

------------------
Charles Capps

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trinculo, you dont' HAVE to like the ads. All you have to do is CLICK them. That's IT. Click them, spend a TINY bit of time there, then hit the back button. We're not asking you to buy, we're only asking you to click.

------------------
Sex is sacred. Your body is a temple. Anyone need sanctifying? ;)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's all I do. I click it, and, when the page gets loaded somewhat, I just go back. I don't even look at it.

This has nothing to do w/ whether or not you want to see what's being advertised. All it does is raise necessary funds for the Forums. If everyone only clicked the ads that looked interesting, this place would probably be permanantly shut down within a month. I'm sure you don't want that to happen, do you?

------------------
"You! Are you smarter than this one?"
-Ambassador Byleth to LaForge regarding Worf, TNG's "Liasons"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Discovery Health and looked up Insomnia. . .
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

For the record, I officially do NOT support Tim's actions - if you click, just look around the site, find links elsewhere, etc... You might be surprised.

------------------
Charles Capps

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well, if something catches my eye, I'll look at it. But, as it is, medical and financial sites and such don't interest me much, so I don't bother. Surely, 'tis better to have clicked and ignored, than never to have clicked at all... :-)

------------------
Pierce: "We're back!"
Winchester: "Yes, like a burp from a bad onion..."
-some episode of M*A*S*H that I happened to see

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right-click.

Open in new window.

Look for something of even moderate interest.

Don't stop until you've seen at least 5 different pages.

Make the effort.

Make the sacrifice.

It's cheap.

It's free.

It takes less than 5 minutes of your precious time.

It'll save the Forums.

(With apologies to Nike for the paraphrase...)
Shuddap & do it!

--Baloo

------------------
All the wrong people have a good opinion of themselves.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhh, but I don't want a credit card! Charles do I have to?

So if I put one of these dohickies on my pages, can I keep the money?

------------------
I was right in the middle of a f*cking reptile zoo. And somebody was giving booze to these goddam things."
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...so how come it doesn't open a new window when *I* click on it?

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.