Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Administration » Incoming Hail » Narrowly Averting Disaster

Author Topic: Narrowly Averting Disaster
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case SOME of you hadn't noticed, I haven't been around much this week.

I haven't had a computer.

My new Celeron has a tiny overheating problem - if the temperature in my room goes over 82 or so, it starts crashing, BIGTIME. I've been keeping it on hoping to see if I can get it to stop crashing. The only way to do that is to not do ANYTHING on it. Nothing. Leave ICQ and Netsape running, and it'll stay stable. Open up anything else or use Netscape/ICQ too much, CRASH.

This has been a MAJOR productivity killer. *L* And this summer is going to only get hotter - it was 110 outside today, about 90 inside.

So why am I on now, no longer complaining? A hundred or two dollars allowed me to revamp my old computer, which is now networked with the new one... Running internet apps on the old one, development apps on the new. Neither crashes, even today. I'm QUITE happy.

Right now I owe an interface to Saleel, a news script to TDawg, and a few other things to a few other people, as well as a website and a bugfix here at Flare. Will be getting those done this week, with luck.

Saleel - will not be on tomorrow when you're online - will be online on Tues, though. Sorry.

------------------
Charles Capps
Chief Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump all dates for the future in the above message THREE days ahead. Delays, delays, delays...

------------------
Charles Capps
Chief Administrator, the solareclipse network
"I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps