Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Y2K error?? Cookies won't save...

Author Topic: Y2K error?? Cookies won't save...
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Netscape 4.7
I looked on the Forums here January 1st for the first time this year, and the 'diamonds' on the left side (indicating new messages) did not show up at the forum index.

First I thought it was a load error, until I got the same again after I restarted Netscape.
I tried to delete the Flare cookie, and fill in my prefs again. It worked, until I restarted Netscape again later on. The cookie wasn't saved, de prefs were reset to the default values.

I checked the Netscape prefs itself, it still shows that I accept all cookies...

Anyone out that has a suggestion what to do, or what's wrong?? It worked fine last year...

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will be fixed with Flare 2.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checked, other sites do save cookies, but I've got the same problem at SciFi-Art.
I think this qualifies as a UBB Y2k bug.

*Didn't see that first reply*

Now I know it's a Y2k bug...

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited January 03, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. IE doesn't have any problems. :P

------------------
Chris's Home Page
"Look out, muppets!"
-Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this is a UBB bug with 5.41a and below. It's fixed completely in 5.42, which is the version the Flare2 will be... I'll be working to get it up ASAP. I'd do a quick javascript fix (which is the source of the problem) now if I had the code with me.

------------------
"Shoes, yes. Definitely. Shoes."

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is one possible answer get MSIE 5 :-)

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/:-)

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons" http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited January 03, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Augh! Don't listen to that! Stay with Netscape!

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, for once I agree with you Frank.....

Okay, okay, not to be taken the wrong way.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Netscape is dead , NS was beaten to a pulp , It is natrual selection if you can not adapt to your enviroment you will not survive.

Thus the death of NS :-)

Get IE 5!

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't any choice in the matter. IE does not work right on my computer. For example, it won't let me bookmark web pages.

I'll have to wait for the fix.

8�

------------------
EXPERIENCE, n. The wisdom that enables us to recognize as an undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced.
--Ambrose Bierce
Come Hither and Yawn...[/B]

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

That must be an older version mine works extreamly well , it knows exactly what i want to do when i want to do it :-) , NS Crashes alot and somtimes it wont even recongnize links. thats why i dumped NS as fast as I could.

------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mozilla.

'Nuff said.

------------------
"Shoes, yes. Definitely. Shoes."

Adam Bauer
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had M12 for a while now and agree that Mozilla is very cool... It still needs work but it'll be a big improvment over what's existing.

------------------
Regards,

Adam Bauer

IP: Logged
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Growl tried to download Mozilla, but it never got past negotiating the transfer. Is there a different site you can download that from, or a different server?

------------------
"Think of all the delightful aspects of the reproductive process: menstruation, pregnancy, labor. And the part we're trying to eliminate is sex?" Cecil Adams the guy who does Straight Dope.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps