Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » It's Grammy time again... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It's Grammy time again...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and that sound you hear is Sol banging his head against the wall because, among other things, State Songs got roughly zero nominations.

However, Sol is not about nominations! Nay far from it. He is about good music. Music that can stand the test of time....music with depth and soul...music that you think about hours, even days after you hear...music that you will want to write reviews of and place on your web site.

Well, with that in mind, here we have the Record of the Year nominees:

Record of the Year
* "I Want It That Way," Backstreet Boys
* "Believe," Cher
* "Livin’ La Vida Loca," Ricky Martin
* "Smooth," Santana featuring Rob Thomas
* ‘‘No Scrubs,’’ TLC

And for best new artist we have:

Best New Artist
* Christina Aguilera
* Macy Gray
* Kid Rock
* Britney Spears
* Susan Tedeschi

After this year, I am sure that Sol will be Livin’ La Vida Loca!!

------------------
Smithers, do you realize if I had died, there would be no one to carry on my legacy. Due to my hectic schedule and lethargic sperm, I never fathered an heir. Now I have no one to leave my enormous fortune to. No one.
~C. Montgomery Burns

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O god that a tough choice lets see errr the winning should be errrr.... Smooth cause I never heard of it and it hasn't had the chance to annoy me, I can't say that about the rest of the songs.

Macy Gray and Susan Tedeschi

Who are the people I why I have I never heard of them (of course if they get best new artist this will be the last time I hear of the them )

------------------
"Think of all the delightful aspects of the reproductive process: menstruation, pregnancy, labor. And the part we're trying to eliminate is sex?" Cecil Adams the guy who does Straight Dope.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy!

They really should change the name of the Grammy's to 'The Best-Looking Cash Cow awards'.

JOE SATRIANI, ALL THE WAY

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Shouldn't Ricky Martin be nominated for being shot dead in an embarrassing way?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

------------------
Smithers, do you realize if I had died, there would be no one to carry on my legacy. Due to my hectic schedule and lethargic sperm, I never fathered an heir. Now I have no one to leave my enormous fortune to. No one.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Santana should win.... that song ROCKS.

------------------
"SHOES!"

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who thinks that the Backstreet Boys should win Record of the Year and Album of the Year? And am I dreaming or did Britney Spears had her "assets" redone?

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Justin, you're not alone. And Ms. Spears did have a boob and butt job done between "Baby One More Time" and "Sometimes." Did you see the new Rolling Stone Magazine, you should since the Backstreet Boys are on the cover and they have their pants down...

Love ya.......

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Well, if I had to choose among what's presented there, the only one I would say anything good about is Santana. But I've never heard any of their new stuff. Haven't heard most of their old stuff, either. I've never even heard of some of those other people.

Again, I present to you the impending death of rock and roll. What sad times we live in...

------------------
"...more people buy Harry Potter novels than the works of Alexander Pope, but that's no measure of their quality."
-Tom Aylward-Nally, December 29, 1999

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her name should be "Booby Spears". I swear it.

------------------
"SHOES!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bet you're all waiting for the sound of my brain forcibly exiting through the top of my skull, aren't you? Well ha ha! And ha! You see, one can only be disappointed if one has expectations in the first place. I suppose I could thank the Grammys for my deeply rooted cynicism, but that would defeat the purpose.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well damn, if that don't take all the fun out if it Sol!

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give it to Cher for "Believe," Mostly because it's the only one of those songs I can karaoke to.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Justin, you're dreaming.

What happened to the days when "good" music won? Now it's just a popularity contest.

The Backstreet Boys do not deserve to win. Neither do Brittany "The Implant" Spears or anyone else.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww...thanx Michael, Love ya too...

Anyway, Tahna unfortunately times change and looks like you think for the worse. To be honest, I have really no clue what good music is; let's face it, I'm only 17. I'm part of the 18-XX age group where many ad's are targeted to us. The majority goes with the flow, except for Michael_T who considers Jazz excellent music.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.