Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Gaia or Terra? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gaia or Terra?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But which goddess is "the" goddess? *decides that it is Artemis, since he likes that name* :-)

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, that's the freedom of it. You get to pick and choose the most appropiate Goddess that fits you. Or God.

Er, how 'bout Sol III instead of Terra?
hehe

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Goddesses are one Goddess and all the Gods one God. Choose whatever name you feel most comfortable worshiping, and there you go. I personally just call her "Goddess" or sometimes "Mother" ... If I have to be formal, I sometimes use Luna. But The beauty of it, as Cargile expressed, is that in the Wicca tradition you can choose whatever name of whatever Goddess you want, and whatever name of whatever God you want (be it Allah, or Jesus, or Zeus) and you are still worshipping the divine life force that protects us.

------------------
Ring this little golden bell
And see what changes with it's knell
Or Wonder, till it drives you mad...
What would have happened if you HAD.

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to stick my tongue out at the next person who calls my dear planet anything but Earth.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terra.

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubee: Luna, eh? So, since Luna is the moon, and Artemis was the Greek godess of the moon, I guess I was right after all... :-)

Oh, BTW, I feel most comfortable not worshipping anything, so I guess my god would be called Nihil? ;-)

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There once was a series of books, I can't remember the writer, about a guy who can barley remember being taken from his home planet as a child, and spends his life looking for home. He knows the name is either Earth or Terra, but can't remember which. any time he mentions either name the aliens remark, "you come from a planet named after dirt".
The guys name was Earl Dumerest.
Terra comes from Terra Firma, doesn't it??

------------------
The Naked Now

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

It's the other way around. "Terra" is the Latin word for Earth or earth/land/ground.

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps