Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who signs the paycheck? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who signs the paycheck?
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again a thread that has likely been done before. What do you all do for a living? I currently work in customer support for a cellular phone company (Primeco for those of you living in Texas, Florida and parts of Illinois) making jack diddly and working to get my MCSE so I can make more than jack diddly.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a professional student. *LOL*

I also do some freelance design on the side.

------------------
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to understanding with the soft whisper of wisdom. Some people come into our lives, show us love then dissappear, leaving footprints on our hearts... and we are never the same again."

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work at Taco Bell....really.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, depending on the time of year, I switch off and on from Manager of a food stand at a theme park, a computer lab monitor, and a student...

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as I have been a student (studying this field of interest or that) I should be a professional by now as well. I feel more like an amateur student.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a corporate CEO. Well, sort of.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

[This message was edited by The Shadow on April 28, 1999.]

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was a student studying environmental engineering up until a few days ago, and will (hopefully) officially graduate in late May. Then I shall be an unemployed engineering graduate. And when I do get a job, I will be a EIT (Engineer-In-Training). Sort of like an apprentice.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a full-time Children's Librarian at a small public library, and a part-time Deity (Realm variable.)

In my spare time I build model starships (The Enterprise-C is coming along fine, thanks), do this, read, read more, read still more (okay, you get the picture), and plot world domination.
"What're we going to do tonight, First?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

Oh, and I provide security for Red Lion Collectibles & Antiques.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work for the Los Angeles Times in the library. We archive the stories and graphics and send them over to the web site to be put online. And I work the night shift. *shudder*

Oh, and general grad student stuff.

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

[This message was edited by Jay on April 28, 1999.]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Decides to use the same format he does with starships.]

For additional info, go here: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/Bio.htm .

--Baloo

------------------
Dogged persistence is often a suitable substitute for raw intelligence.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shakes Jay's hand* Another librarian! Welcome into the fold, friend...

Yes, as some of you know, I am a librarian at the local public library here. I'm also a high school student, but that's only got a couple more weeks to it... :-)

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a full-time computer science major at the University of Houston, although they still seem to think I'm a music education major. As a real job, I'm the weekend morning desk assistant for the quadrangle dorm area at school. Basically, I take calls and complaints and relay them to the resident assistants (of which, I am one in training).

In my spare time, I am the Pompatus of Love, of course, and the Master of Interrogation.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN always gets a little annoyed when I call him a shelf stacker. You see, he's now graduated to telling people where stuff is stacked.

*Runs and hides from predicatable wrath*

(Please, to other librarians, take no offense).

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never handed a book to anyone...I don't even deal with the reporters requests for material (the reference librarians do that). My task is to archive the material from today's paper for future reference and for the web site. I work in what the old newspaper days was called the morgue...where the stories come to die.

*but smites Daryus anyway*

------------------
Mine is the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a full-time high school student and part-time writer.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps