Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Have any of you experienced....? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have any of you experienced....?
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to know.. I'm at school right now and I'm freaking out... have any of you ever had an EMG (electromyography) or NCV (nerve conduction velocity)test done? I'm getting mine done today after school and I'm more than a little concerned about it... to be quite honest, I'm scared senseless! If any of you have experienced these tests, please let me know what to expect.. my doctors aren't telling me anything, and what I've read over the Internet seem less than reassuring... thank you...

~LOA

------------------
"WARNING: A burning sensation may occur upon application but usually dissapears after several days."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has never even heard of them*

Is this a standard test given to many, or a specific one tailored to a particular medical condition?

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I've had MRI's and EKG's and CAT's and whole bunches of stuff, but never had those two, though I have heard of them.

*HUGS Liz* .. Look, it goes like this. They're going to happen. Whatever happens WHILE they're happening, you can deal with. You're a strong woman, Liz. Don't be afraid of it, because being this nervous is only going to make it worse for you ... so try and calm down, it really will go better if you do.

Remember that whatever happens, you're under God's protection...and everything in this life happens for a purpose.

Not entirely comforting, I know ... but these are the things I keep telling myself, and most of the time they work.

Good Luck, hon ... i'm sure we're all praying for you.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*also hugs Liz*

I could get used to this.

*is set upon by a rabid Vorlon, unleashed by CC*

------------------
- On the Hour

[This message was edited by Montgomery on April 13, 1999.]

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*vorlon speak* Impudent... *smites Monty*

*runs away, fearing a smiting from Adam*

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, Liz. Though I haven't had any of those specific test, they always seem worse than they really are. Good luck, we're all behind you.
quote:
Remember that whatever happens, you're under God's protection...and everything in this life happens for a purpose.
Right on, Jubes.

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

EVERYTHING happens for a purpose?

Then what contribution to the grand cosmic scheme was me bashing my head on a low roof the other day and nearly cracking my skull?

(Rhetorical question folks! )

------------------
- On the Hour

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*can't even pronounce that first name... there! got it...*

Good luck!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the first one, but I believe the second one consists of a series of electrodes placed by certain nerves and electric current being run through them.

Needless to say, this leaves the area in question a bit sore, which probably explains why LOA hasn't been back yet.

Unless I'm completely and utterly wrong, which has been known to happen. From time to time.

At any rate, I wish you a hearty "get well soon," LOA.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz: Erm... Can't you ask easier questions? :-)

I, too, have heard of neither of those tests. I won't tell you not to worry, because I worry about things all the time, and I know it can't be helped, no matter what anyone tells you (especially when those people, like all of us, have no idea what we're talking about... *L*).

Anyway, I hope your tests come out, erm... good. *has no idea whether that would be positive or negative* Good luck. *does that hug thing w/ the others*

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how about

*hugs*

there...

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Liz. I'd hug you to but at my age I'd probley get charged with something.

------------------
The Naked Now

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I THINK I've had an EMG... I THINK. Unless I did't.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I like about Charles. Nothing indefinite about him!

Good luck, LOA, If it's an unpleasant procedure I hope it isn't also a long one.

Bunny

Hugs!

------------------
Don't call me a Yank.
I prefer to be referred to as a "Pull with a Sudden Movement".

[This message was edited by Baloo on April 14, 1999.]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck...

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps