Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Bush/Gore: Who would you vote? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bush/Gore: Who would you vote?
Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To everyone who is at least remotely interested in politics: I'm taking a little poll regarding the upcoming US presidential elections. So I want to know if your gonna vote Bush or Gore. If you're not American (like me), respond too! I'll regularly post statistics.

OK, my vote would go to Gore.

(Statistics after 1 vote: Gore 100%; Bush 0%)

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nader.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"And on a wholly unrelated note, I went to high school with Fidel Castro. So there." - Simon Sizer

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haggelin [possible sp], Natural Law/Reform party cannidate.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No-one.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kruschev. Oh, no wait. Wrong decade.

------------------
"More beer, more beer, more beer, more beer! ARSE!"
- Ode to God.

Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Gore is a fricken idiot. Bush too. But Gore more than Bush. Therefore, if I have to vote, I will vote for Bush specifically for the reason of not having retard Gore as the next president.

------------------
Creator of Project Phoenix
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're a pretty big moron there too, Amadeus.

Jean Poutine of course.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myself

What, I'm not of legal to age to vote OR run for president?

Damn.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to write in Sol "I Love the Farm Life" System.

See, he's like a rural fellow, so he can bond with the midwestern farm folk...you know, hodowns and corn schucking...all that sort of thing.

But our Sol is a bright intellectual fellow too. He can talk philosophy...not that there is any real day to day value in philosophy...but it makes him sound smart. And apparently all you really need to be a well known policico is to sound smart...and Sol "I Dig Dead Squirrels Out of Farm Pipes Whilst Discussing Plato" System can certainly sound smart!!

Sol "I Don't Do It Unless I Have To" System is a procrastinator as well. So, in speeches where he sounds smart, he can make vague promises about the price of wing-nuts and not actually do anything about it during his term in office!

And he writes poetry! Well some of his work is good and some is...well...But Hey, that can be an asset too!! Consider that Lincoln wrote speeches with a very poetic tilt...we could save money on speech writers. And we could save on clothes...afterall, he only wears black.

But he might have the courage to fund some real space exploration done during his time as president and certainly one would imagine Star Trek would become a national TV program funded by PBS...at least he would form a presidental commission to determine the length of the Defiant or some such cannon nonsense. So there is that downside.

So, vote Sol "I Don't Want To Be President...I Just Want Chicks To Dig Me" System for President...and make They Might Be Giants the National Band!!!!

------------------
Oh, fiddle faddle, everyone knows that our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much.....
~C. Montgomery Burns

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm not voting for either; I'm not a US Citizen yet. But if I were: Bush is a possibility since he plans to beef up the US military force. That is good for everyone and myself. But he's a damn conservative and a Republican... Gore on the other hand is a Democrat and so far I liked that the Democrats raised minimum wage. But then again Gore seems like he has no plan for foreign affairs. I actually dislike both because neither were willing to talk with any representatives from the Gay and Lesbian community, Bush more than Gore.

If given the chance though, I'd shove both of them in a quantum torp case and fire the damn thing towards the sun and nominate Timo for president.

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Jean Poutine

Isn't that the name for french fries with gravy in Canada or am I just an ugly American?

Gore must not become president. Bush would put The Bill and Hillary Show to an end for sure, but I'd bet Gore would let it go on ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll let my signature do the talking.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're an ugly USer, anyways. Poutine is fries with gravy and Canadian cheese. Mmm...

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that this may very well get this thread a one-way ticket to flameville, but when has that ever stopped me?

Michael:

Why would you like the fact that democrats have increased minimum wage? This is not a good thing. It's just that the democrats and the media act like it's just so darned obvious that it IS, that everyone assumes so. Every single increase in the minimum wage in history has increased unemployment. They have eliminated entry-level jobs for teenagers. They have had no notable positive side-effects. Minimum wage increases are simply a bad thing, and a point AGAINST the Democrats.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither. I would have gone for McCain. But if I had to, I'd go for Gore. I'm a cross between a Democrat and Republican.

*runs away in panic with everyone chasing after*

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps