Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Driver's Ed... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Driver's Ed...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I am at my driver's ed course, on my instructor's iMac, "Big Mac" *L*. Honestly, I don't know what everyone has against these Macs. If you ask me, IBMs are far worse. This iMac is actually pretty nifty. And it's blue!

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Driver's Ed...I should probably sign up for that this year. But all those damn Grade 10's will be in it. Greasy Grade 10's.

I guess that's what I get for being lazy, and waiting until Grade 12.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in it right now, and all the do is show gory films of car accidents. Signal 44, Death on the Highway, The Valvoline Driver Education Video, Room to Live ... all cult classics.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 30, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, what kind of driver's ed courses do you guys have? This one is fun. Hardly any videos

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 30, 2000).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USC has a ton of iMacs on campus. All I care to say is, to someone who's used to Windows and more than one mouse button, Macs are like new shoes. And you can't expand the web browser to full-screen, which was annoying.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Driver's Ed? Gosh, I feel old. And I'm not! So cut it out. Sheesh, kids.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding, I took that 9 years ago. I feel old now too. You darn wipper-snappers!

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAH! I mock you people who have not yet received a liscence! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Drivers ed sucks big time, lucky you. hehehehe

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

LOOK OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!!!!!

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Computer Information Technology department just rid of the Mac lab here at our University. Apparantly, the problems of lack of use and crashing software did it in. Re-installing the MacOS every two weeks on half the computers just wasn't fun for anyone over here.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never took driver's ed at all...

If you get rid of the Mac keyboard, the Mac mouse, MacOS, and the goofy look, iMacs run fairly well... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"you can't expand the web browser to full-screen"

Yes, my dear Ziyal USC woman...you sure can.

Down on the bottom right of the browser window is what Mac calls the window shade thingie. Not to technical I know. But just click-hold-and drag that sucker and you can resize the browswer to whatever size you want!!

As far as the double mouse thingie goes, you can get Mac mice / mouses / meeses with multiple buttons. I rather prefer multiple buttons...but lacking any on you Mac, just hold that mouse button down for a bit and that serves to do generally what the second Generic IBM PC clone button would do. I.e. for saving a picture to your disk from a browswer, click and hold and you get a nifty pull down!

Sure, you may have asked some Trojan computer person for help but they ain't very nice unless you tip them. Besides UCLA is a better. Costs less too.

Oh, the Mac is such a good machine.
------------------
Oh, fiddle faddle, everyone knows that our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much.....
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited August 31, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it a few years ago and never got to see those blood and guts movies!

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited August 31, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, Tim, if I don't take driver's ed, it'll cost about $3600 for insurance.

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I guess my insurance company doesn't care about that. I learned how to drive from my parents for less than two months and then got my license. Just barely passed, but I still got it... :-)

BTW, that was a year ago. I drive much better now, so I'm not as much of a menace to society as you may think. Not in that context, anyway...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps