Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Goodbye... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Goodbye...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before anybody asks, no, this is not goodbye forever, for a long time, or for any really big thing.

I'm going away for the weekend. Friday night until an unknown time Sunday evening. To Erie, PA (Dreary Erie) to visit pals from my college days. To attend the Alphi Phi Omega alumni banquet.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Alpha Phi Omega (or A Phi O) is a co-ed service fraternity founded originally on the ideals of Scouts and scouters, and dedicated to helping the community through charity and volunteer work (and having a lot of fun).)

Best of all, I'm taking my girlfriend along. Two nights away from both our families. In a hotel room. Together. The possibilities are endless. Today she told me she'd purchased "special clothes" for the occasion.

You'll excuse me if I gloat a bit.

See you Monday.. if I'm not too worn out to log on.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*prepares long, drawn out, oscar award winning goodbye speech and then reads that it's only for the weekend* Well, buggar that then. *burns it*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleh.
Didn't want to know about First and his new frilly knickers.
Ugh
*goes to wash out skull with hot soapy water*

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scouts, eh? Dib dib f***ing dib. . . 8)
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you purchased some "Special Latex".

------------------
The Naked Time

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't "co-ed fraternity" an oxymoron?

------------------
You can't get blood from a turnip, but you can get root beer from a sarsaparilla...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunatly the special clothes turn out to be made of some quick drying concrete, and make it impossible for First's girlfriend to move or breath.

Never one to let death stop him, First does her anyway.

And know you know, the rest of the story.

------------------
'Saying it in a stacato voice doesn't make it any more true'
-Stewart Lee

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*o_O*

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT!?

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. *puts his hands over his ears, and walks away from the thread*

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are missing the disturbing part of Liam's post. He's quoting Paul Harvey. How on Earth did he learn about Paul Harvey? That's what keeps me awake at nights.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Paul Harvey?

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Jubilee
Member # 99

*bangs her head against the wall repeatedly*

------------------
Ring this little golden bell
And see what changes with it's knell
Or Wonder, till it drives you mad...
What would have happened if you HAD.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you lay awake at night thinking of Liam, Sol?

This is far worse than I could have imagined......some of the chief interrogators need to take a long hard look @ Sol & evaluate him methinks!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*adds both Liam and Sol System to the list of possible future interrogations*

Wow, I've got quite a list now.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps