Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Thanksgiving! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thanksgiving!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*decides to hijack the thread with another Canadian Comment*

American Thanksgiving? WHO CARES??? I still have to work!!!

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited November 14, 2000).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thankful that I'm alive, even if I'm hurting. Now, over six weeks after the car accident, I realize finally how close I came to being permanently injured or even killed. I'm thankful that Lacey is still alive... finding her unconscious on the floor was scary, and having her with me for the car accident a few days later was even scarier. I'm thankful for friends, and I'm thankful that I had a place to live all this time. I'm thankful for my sanity, and I'm thankful for all the strength I keep finding in myself and in others. Most of all though, I'm thankful for God and His eternal presence in my life. He keeps watching over me and helping along.....(even if some of you don't see it that way *grin*) All in all, I'm thankful to be so blessed.....

And as for my plans? I'm working. I've requested to work all day, and even the hours that I'm not working I'll probably be here. Not having a family to go home to, work just seems all that more appealing to me.... (time and a half is helpful, too!) *smile*

~LOA

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thankful it's nearly Thanksgiving again. Mmm... Turkey...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, if you spend your whole time being thankful that bad things could have been worse, you'll be here till Christmas 2010.

I'm thankful that Sol System is my watchword.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Thanksgiving is just about upon us ...

Tommorow I've got to run around:

I work 10-2 in Cockeysville, then go drive to Ellicott City to get my new cell phone, then run back to Cockeysville to get an oil change/lube job/alignment, before running BACK to Towson, doing as much laundry as I possibly can, and packing for Tuesday ...

Tuesday I have to go register at about 9am at TU, then I'm hitting the road (hopefully I'll be on my way about 10am) for Prospect, Connecticut. I will be driving north on 83 to 81 towards Scranton (possibly stopping off to visit my aunt & grandma in said valley town), before jumping east on 84, through New York, into Connecticut. With any luck, I'll get in at about 5:30/6 pm or so (taking into account rest-stops, etc).

Then I get to bum around and play video games all day Wednesday, then stuff myself on Thursday, and then leave early on Friday to return to good ole' Maryland.

So ... joy. That'll cost me a pretty penny in gas. It's not like I just have to work about my 15 mile to gallon gas rate, but running the heater'll drag that down too ... oh well, I didn't buy a Jeep for the gas mileage.

Any of you guys up in that area -- if you see a blue/grey Jeep Wrangler with bullet holes on the driver's side, and a ton of bumper stickers on the rear bumper and tire cover -- that's ME!

Say hi. Or honk.

No, don't honk. I'd be tempted to employ my top-secret "Air Horn" to repel you.

Damn. That's not secret at all. Oh well.

------------------
The Dominion has been defeated, but the hardest job will be building the peace ...

Join Cpt. Connor H. Macy and the crew of the USS Tokyo as they attempt to forge the bonds of trust ...

Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate holidays.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why?

If I may be so bold as to inquire?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Not so fond of holidays myself. Pleh.

------------------
"The purple elephants have conquered my pants! Weasels to the rescue!!!" ~TSN, Oct. 23, 2000

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

O...k

Holidays suck. I myself am not fond of the drives ... but, hey, free food, who am I to complain? Although I do miss my *own* computer back home -- not to mention my stupiiiid cats ... but ... alas ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a reason for Thanksgiving...but not anymore.

She decided to "do the relationship thing" with some guy there named "Josh."

I'm, ah...I'm gonna curl up into a ball in the corner over there with my Dido CD & sob.

------------------
"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm sorry, Shik ... I hope next year finds you better.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Thanksgiving is beginning to give me a headache.... Not long till Monday morning and the pleasant blissfullness of WORK.....

------------------
**...****...**

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

::looks out window::

::works slide on shotgun::

::keeps looking out ... eyes widen on target ... ::

::shotgun comes up to firing position, stock against shoulder ... ::

::trigger finger on guard, moves towards trigger...::

::turkey looks up::

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

'cuz the Turkey sure ain't having a good day ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 23, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Jus' thought I'd boot this one back to the top in light of what American holiday tomorrow is.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get to work. 1700-0000. Not even time & a hlaf. I'm padding the hours.

I DO get the house to myself for a few days, though. Too bad none of the femaleage I want to share my bed is around. I could import one...but that would prove...um..."difficult."

Funn point of note: The girl I was whining about up there? She's now one of my roommates. Ha.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps