Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Thanksgiving! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Thanksgiving!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me see, since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I'm going to cook the dinner for 5 from scratch. And I am thankful that my sister and I didn't get killed Tuesday night going to the post office. I hate car crashes, especially if the turkey flies out of the trunk and into oncomming traffic.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you lot go one month without getting into a car accident?

I mean, I know 90% of them are Jeff's, but still...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you weren't severly injured in that crash. I hope you are all right.

I still remember a little line from King Of the Hill.

Dale: Hey, John Redcorn. Don't you people celebrate Thanksgiving?

J.R.: We did. Once.

lol

sorry.

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, no, 90% of them are Liz's.

Hitting deer is a service to all mankind, not an accident.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn dude! Why are you so determined to be the Himmler of Deer?
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not.

It is a burden I don't want that has been thrust upon me. I'll do my best not to let anyone down.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff is the Batman of the Flare forums. Except he's not cool in the slightest. So he's more like the Banshee crossed ith Al Gore.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

How am I the 'Batman'?

And don't you mean 'Deerman'?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

In that Batman's burden is to protect Gotham City from crime, to prevent what happened to his parents happening to someone elses parents.

Your burden is to kill all deer everywhere, to protect, er, stuff. From deer.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention dredge up old posts. And Deerman sounds pretty silly (though I suppose with the right costume... Nah...).

Tommorow it's Tofurkey and mashed potatoes smothered in thick and rich Soy-Gravy for me. Hooray! I suppose I'm thankful that I live in a society where such things not only exist, but are made widely available. I can only imagine what the average Afghani family's Thanksgiving (I know they don't celebrate it there; Say Nov.22nd if it makes you feel better) is gonna be like this year...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Sunny with light bombing.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys and dolls, but I'm fine... unfortunately my sister won't be driving for a long while. And I blame the accident on the turkey I just ate because if it wasn't for buying that bird, we wouldn't end up doing at spinout in front of the post office driveway.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thankful that on Tuesday a shotgun wasnt leveled towards my head after it cleared the brainpan of a man while i watched.

I'm thankful that I am going to be able to pay off the check that bounced on my speeding ticket rather than be arrested by the pending warrant that is caused when such a thing happens

I'm thankful that tomorrow i get to go out with one of the girls who was temporary help for the holidays at Bread&Circus. I'm also thankful that, thanks to her having a cellphone, i never have to worry about calling her and having her parents grill me about our 6 year age difference.

I'm thankful that marijuana is plentiful in Providence right now.

I'm thankful that I have the strength to quit all my addictions Monday through Friday so i can pass school and justify the fact that my grandparents let me live with them one .. last.. time.

I'm thankful i got to live here and have my tuition paid in the first place.

I'm thankful I found the number of the RISD freshman who wrote her room number on my hand last saturday, even though i forgot to call her earlier.

And I'm thankful all of you are my friends and that Star Trek is still so much fun..

Bless us every one!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went home straight from work on Wednesday, so I missed this lovefest of a thread that Jeff started. Since late is better than never, here's some stuff I'm thankful for.

First, I am thankful that my parents are still alive and in reasonably good health (especially dear old dad who's trudging through to his 88th birthday this year). I'm thankful that my sister's back has completely healed and is not giving her any more problems. Mostly, I'm thankful that my family is doing well. My cousin Jason and his wife Sarah are doing well with their three-year daughter Kylee and six-month daughter Taran. I'm thankful that my cousin Cheryl is happily married to Jared (for all of three weeks now, too). I'm thankful that my grandmother is still able to nag my mother about basting the turkey and be awesome on the holidays. I'm thankful that my Uncle Mike and Aunt Patricia and their two kids are moving into a better house in a better part of town nearer to my family. In short, the family is good and I'm thankful.

Second, I'm doing a lot better now than I was six months ago. I'm glad that I have finally found myself in a good-paying job that doesn't conflict with school. I'm thankful that my coworkers are all good people who are decent and friendly. I'm thankful that this job has allowed me to be less dependent on my parents and allowed me live a little better.

Third, I'm thankful that I'm finally beginning to move beyond the bitterness that I've felt for the past year at my stint working for the dorms. The pain of being stabbed in the back and rammed up the rear with a blunt umbrella is receding to distant memory. I still very angry with my old supervisors, but the memories of what went on are tolerable now. I'm no longer stuck in that moment.

Fourth, I'm thankful for all of the friends that I have in real life and here on Flare. My friend Brian's health is improving, and Nic has finally started his Research Assistant job. Jamie and Erik are getting married in December. Dan is slowly getting through his classes and adapting to life in Seattle and being a Teaching Assistant. Lisa's doing wonderful in Chicago, but the fire alarms in her apartment building are driving her nuts. Christian, Valerie, Josh, and Kate are all surviving another year of school and another year of working for the dorms. As far as Flare goes, I'm thankful that I've gotten to know Fabrux and JeffKardde over the past year. I'm thankful that I've gotten more involved here and gotten to interact with so many interesting people. It's been a hell of a experience.

For me, it was a good Thanksgiving. The family and extended family of my mother all got together for the holiday. The food was good, and there was no fighting or furniture broken. Everything was good.

The day after was hell, though. I had to take my cat Smokey to the vet on Friday to be put to sleep. She was a little over fifteen years old and doing badly. She came back into the house this summer when we determined that she had gone completely blind. She suffered from severe arthritis, as well. Over the past two weeks, she loss urinary and bowel control, ate little, loss an extreme amount of weight, and vomitted frequently. She also developed jaundice and a bloated stomach the final two days. Turns out that she had a large tumor on her liver that blocked her bile duct. It was an inoperable tumor, and nothing could be done. So, I not feeling too great right now even though the holiday was good.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps