Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anybody still play DOOM? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody still play DOOM?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'd say it's worth buying. Good game.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My elder brother has got it. I'm planning on nicking it after I've finished Tachyon: The Flock of Seagulls, Planescape: Tornment, and Klingon Academny. And Final Fantasy Tactics. And Baulder's Gate (the first).

Apparently though, Elite Force is better than The Fallen. Klingon Academy has Cristopher Plummer in, while The Fallen can't even manage Avery Brooks. Tsk.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flock of Seagulls? There, that proves my point! Limahl and chums would have done a lot better if they'd gone with the definitive article option.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Flock-Of-Seagulls? Words escape me.

What does l337 mean?

I still haven't managed to get "Tachyon: The fringe" to boot. It installs, the shortcuts are placed on da desktop, I install the update-patch and doubleclick. Nothing happens. I get a "Forbidden task"-sign after ten secs. And I've reinstalled Windows two times since my first attempt, eight months ago. Still doesn't work. The demo works...

Doom is nice, it was my first real FPS-experience. I had only one episode of Wolfenstein, so it was only a starter.
Doom was scary.
I'd rather they made a new Doom-game, with a next-gen enginge, instead of the Wolfenstein-rehash. http://www.3dactionplanet.com/wolfenstein/
(I thought for a moment and this is thread-related)

There are already so many other FPS's with WWII-themes out there. There's one, "Day Of Defeat", that is a WWII-ized Counterstrike! So instead of M-16's and laser-sights you have Thomson-guns and Lugers... Yum!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! My posts are beginning to look like letters. I'm scared... I will now eat a single apple!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"1337" or "l33t" is an altered spelling of "leet", which is short for "elite". It's term used by "h4x0r5" (wanna-be computer hackers) to describe themselves as being really good (in their minds).

It's also used by normal people to mock them. :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Nim
Member # 205

Aah...I see it now.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate script kiddie talk myself. I can read most of it but the attempt gives me a splitting headache and the premintion that the future of society's going to be bleak and full of idiots.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50(137y 4|_r34|)y 15 b|_34|< 4|\| |) |=u|_|_ 0|= 1|)1075... :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1(0|\|(|_| |-. 3><(e|D7 4 |\/|3 0|= (0|_| |-53. 14|\/|7|-|E13373S7|-|4XX0R54|-)|_| |\| |).

------------------
"...[They've] been so completely dumbed down by the media, by tabloid scumbags, by the Christian "right", by politicians in general, the school, parents who are dumber than their parents were, who are dumber than their parents were, and all of whom think that they can bring up a child just because they got down in bed and had a little sex...well, frankly, here is an audience that knows more and more about less and less as the years go by...We are talking about a constituency...that knows nothing. This is pandemic; terrifyingly, paralyzingly pandemic. They know absolutely nothing."
- Harlan Ellison, on the Media Consumer of today.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps