Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » earth and moon views

Author Topic: earth and moon views
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now this is a cool site to see images of home.
www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html

you'll spend hours there.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

[This message was edited by Cargile on April 09, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of this site.
For an interesting exercise, try calling up a view of the Earth centred on the longitude and latitude of your birthplace and at the exact moment of your birth. I called one up for myself, and was suitably impressed to find the night-day terminator bisected my location exactly!

Clearly a sign of destiny....

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great site. And Montgomery, were you born into the darkness or the light?

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, seing as I was born at 11:11pm, I doubt I would find that situation... :-)

------------------
You can't get blood from a turnip, but you can get root beer from a sarsaparilla...

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty It'd be very interesting to draw up a Natal Birth chart with my astrology program and then translate it ...

------------------
If Galileo had lied to save his life, would America, or the West, or Space have been discovered?
And if Columbus had never set sail, would the Earth still be flat?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what happens when Rupert is rising in Virgo?

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...I was born into darkness.
(BWAHAHAHAA!!!!!)

And let me pre-empt yopur astrology program to say that it means I am an Aquarius, thus sensitive by nature, although prone to hurt the feelings of everyone and not notice. My planetary alignments indicate I have a fascination with knowledge, and my stellar coordinates indicate that learning is boring to me.
Additionally Scorpio rising is indicative of that typical Aquarian trait of breathing. Thus, I breathe a great deal, and will do so until I die.

As for prespective mates, the position of Venus indicates, yes, I should find happiness with a blonde...or a brunette, or a black-haired girl.

And one day...oooer, because the moon wasn't quite full enough....I will DIE!

Oh No!

------------------
- On the Hour

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatsa matter, Monty? Don't like red-heads? :-)

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

Ah, you see! The evil astrologers were trying to prevent me from enjoying a redhead relationship!

Picture this:
Russel Grant...scewered by a pike....on display at the Tower of London.....Yesyesyeyesyesyessss.

------------------
- On the Hour

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps