Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What's your favorite...

Author Topic: What's your favorite...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
funny scene in all of Star Trek? We all know that the comedy is a very important part of trek, so what is it that made you laugh the hardest?

Mine? I would have to say "Smooth as an Android's bottom" scene from Insurrection. Laughed for a long time after that...

------------------
"Bickering is pointless." - Spock, Miri
"I'm real easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies, and I don't like threats." - Janeway, State of Flux

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene I remember most fondly was from "Tapestry."

"Flowers! Is there a John Luck Pickard here?"

Quite a bit of humor in that one, actually, considering the subject matter.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked when Q was stripped of his power or whatever. Several funny scenes in that ones

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember laughing the hardest during "Trials and Tribble-ations" when Bashir was fantasizing how he was supposed to sleep with this female lieutenant(?) wearing blue who looked like his great-grandma, leave a child behind, and become his own great-grandfather. *LOL*

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Well, as a result of that incident, perhaps that explains why his parents took him in for a "tune-up".

Personally, my favorite scenes (comedic, anyhow) come from "A piece of the action". The Fizzbin scene comes to mind, but my favorite line (and reaction to it) comes when Kirk remarks that he's starting to get the hang of driving. Spock's expression is subtle, but hilarious.

--Baloo

------------------
I'm a Dirtling and PROUD OF IT!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"State the nature of your sexual relationship with Lieutenant Paris."

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of scenes come to mind for me. First, Worf's bachelor party, with Bashir and O'Brien showing up thinking it would be a human style party. "It's working! I'm having a vision! I'm going to kill Worf" Or something like that. And of course when the wedding is off, and the Doctor and Chief go to Quark's for a meal only to find out that the wedding is back on...

And a TNG episode where Q takes the crew to Nottingham, a lot of funny scenes in that one. "Sir! I protest! I am not a merry man!"

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troi gets drunk in FC. And the appearance of the EMH in that same movie.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh SHIT!" -- Data, Generations.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

Two come to mind, both from "The Voyage Home."

#1: Gillian: "You guys like Italian?"
Kirk: "Yes."
Spock: "No."
Kirk: "Yes."
Spock: "No."
Kirk: "Yes. I love Italian. And so do you."
Spock: "Yes."

#2: Gillian: "'Admiral, if we are to do with these whales as we please we would be as guilty as those who caused,' past tense, 'their exinction'. I have a photgraphic memory; I see words.
Spock: "Are you sure it isn't time for a colourful metaphor?"

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... There have been a few...

ST4: "Yeah, well, double dumbass on you!"

ST3: "They're taking him to the Federation Funny Farm."

ST3: "I hear he's fruity as a nutcake."

ST5: "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."

TOS "Friday's Child": "I think you're both going to be insufferably pleased with yourselves for at least a month!"

ST4: "Where are the nuclear wessels?"

That's all I can think of right now...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."
-a certain anonymous administrator

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

They cut the Oh shit from the movie on the BBC. I say: THE BBC! (yes, I cut a pejorative remark from that sentence)

Chimaera
Ex-Member

TSN: I believe that's the "edited for TV" version of Trek 4, I distincly remember another word, consisting of four letters, being used, but it was nevertheless quite funny.

I also remember one episode where there was a "Captian Piccard Day", where the kids made pictures or dolls in the likeness of the captian, who then had to explain the whole thing to an Admiral

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Scotty and the 20th century pointing device
-Data and Mr. Tricorder
-Picard and Mr. Broccoli

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ensign Sonya Gomez running into Picard with her coffee in Engineering in 'Q Who'

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps